Chapter 4

Hayley's POV

"We've been walking for an hour. Do you even have a plan?" I ask him frustrated. Frankly, I'm tired, in pain and I could really use a shower right now. Running through the woods in the arms of a werewolf was not exactly how I planned to spend my day. Killing a werewolf? Now I would be down for that. So you can see how humiliating it is when you need a werewolf to carry you because a hunter decided to use me for target practice!

"Technically I'm the one who's been walking for an hour." he answers back never once slowing down. "And what are you complaining about anyway? I'm the one who has been carrying you during the entire way."

Unfortunately that is true.

He had his arm beneath my knees and the other in my back keeping me close to him the entire way. It's a little amazing how he wasn't tired yet. But then again he was a savage beast, who knows what secrets they are hiding.

"What are you getting tired? Big bad werewolf can't handle a single woman?" I taunt him, wanting to get on his nerves.

"Don't worry goldilocks, werewolves are known for their stamina. Everywhere." he insinuates with a smirk on his lips.

Cocky bastard.

"Stop. Calling Me. Goldilocks." I tell him for the hundredth time in the last hour. I swear I would punch him the next time he calls me that.

"Nope, I don't think I will." he says like the cocky bastard mutt he is. "Besides it's not like you told me your name. It's only fair isn't it? You know mine after all."

Right.

Julius.

Talk about an unusual name.

Ju-li-us. It just rolls right out of your tongue. What were his parents even thinking?

"And why should I tell you?"

"Well...there is a strike team tracking us right in this forest with the glorious purpose of placing a bullet between your pretty eyes. Why do you think that is anyway?"

"Why should I tell you mutt?" I sneer at him

"Fine don't tell me, besides I think I already know." he says smugly.

"Sure you do."

"You doubt me? Let me tell you my theory then. You're a hunter that was captured and they are afraid of what you might have told, so they figure, we might just put a bullet in their brains and be done with it. They can't talk if they are dead."

"Do you ever stop talking?" I snap at him, hating how much he had gotten right.

"Nope, the ladies just love to hear the sound of my voice too much for me to ever want to shut up. Makes them swoon, you know."

I can't even tell if he's joking right now.

"So you're one of those guys, uh?"

"What guys?"

"The ones that think the sun revolves around them. You're the funny, cocky guy that believes he makes all the panties melt around him and thrives around the attention of female who have nothing but air in their brains and need a big strong man to protect them at night." I tell him "But guess what little man, you are nothing but a shallow creature who needs others to feel validated. You're not a man, you're just a big kid tying to pretend to be a man."

He barely shows a reaction to my words but the clench jaw and the tightening of his hands on my body are enough of a response for me to feel victorious.

"You think you have me all figure it out, don't you?" he says calmly

"What is more to tell?" I taunt him "Murderous beast already comes implied."