Chapter 32

He brings the knife down on my wrists and cuts the rope, freeing me.

"Get up you useless girl" he spits out, as he starts removing his jacket and pulling up his sleeves.

"What? Are you going to teach me a lesson? Spank me for misbehaving?" I tease him as I get up and rub my wrists. I wanted to infuriate him as much as possible. The angrier he gets, the more chances he has to screw up, giving me an advantage.

"3 man out. Moving to the east side of the building"

He punches me so fast I barely see it coming.

Barely.

I duck fast and punch him in the throat and then on the nose in a quick fashion. I hear a snap where my hand landed. I have broken his nose.

He shakes his head, as if the shake off the pain.

"Good, you weren't a total waste then." he says almost approvingly

"I had to learn if I wanted to get your approval." I reply back not taking my eyes off of him "Not that it got me much"

"Always so eager for approval." he comments "That is what makes you weak."

He strikes back and manages to land a couple of hits to my stomach and my jaw. He holds me against him, his chest to my back. His arm was currently wrapped around my throat, chocking the air out of me. I manage to grab his hand and then in a quick flash of strength snap his wrist causing him to scream out in pain and letting me go free.

"Delusional perhaps" I reply back, coughing out the pain "Not weak".

He scoffs at my answer spitting out the blood from his mouth.

"You were always an embarrassment, always seeking approval...never doing anything to earn it." he says kicking me down "Now your brother.... he was going places. He could have reached high in the organization, but he chose to betrays us!" he screams out hitting me again. I try to fight him back but he is too enraged.

"All my children.... a fucking disgrace." he spats unfocused and that's when I make my move to strike. I come at him and hit him again and again, not giving him time to counter attack. I was fuelled by anger and determination.

The sound of gunshots snaps me out of my attack.

I guess the element of surprise is gone.

I see the Coronel laying on the ground, his face bloodied, his breathing irregular.

I limp to where he had discarded his gun, and pick it up.

I walk back to him, the gun resting on my hand.

I stare him down and point the gun to him.

He looks at me with a hateful look. He manages to lean against a wall so he could sit down. With the sound of his hearing I knew I had most likely disrupt a lung.

"You can't do it, girl." he laughs mocking me "You were always too weak for this. I am your father; you can't kill me."

The sound of gunshots is heard again.

"You should know; your team is going to die today. And so will all the hunters who dare come after us." I tell him calmly "You will be forgotten. Your legacy will be forgotten. You will be nothing."

"Luna morte filii" he spats the words.

I pull the trigger.

His body falls down limp against the wall. A bullet hole in his forehead, between his eyes.

He is dead.

My brother's killer.

He was finally avenged.