Phil

He is out on very, very deep water in this moment. He still isn't sure how he even ended up in the spot he's in now. What he knows is, this is a Fury order, and one doesn't go against a Fury order. The thing was, he had ended up with a gun wound, it wasn't a serious one and he had had worse. Yet, Fury thought it was for his own best to stay home and take his time healing up. And since he had been put on resting time, Fury had added in an extra task, protect one person. Which had not really been adding up in his mind.

Then there is the fact that person he's supposed to protect is a small girl, a girl who is sitting on his couch in this moment, hugging a red dragon plushie tightly. The reports had told him that she had been badly hurt, her back hurting from time to time. The agent who had overseen the mission before him, had written down a list of things to think about when around the girl. There had also been a short list of information about what the poor girl had been through before she had even ended up on S.H.I.E.L.D's radar.

The things he had read was enough to lose hope on humanity. Because he couldn't understand how this could happen to one single girl. A girl who is clearly scarred deeply, in every sense of the way. He had tried every trick in his book when it comes to deal with children, nothing had worked. Mary had only pulled further away from him and this is now the fourth day of Mary living with him.

He hasn't managed to get a single word out of her, she always made sure to keep him within eyesight, always on a safe distance. Not to mention that red dragon plushie, he hasn't seen her letting it go once. He's running out of options and he knew this couldn't keep on going on, he needed help. A part of him is tempted to call Melinda, but he also knew that wasn't going to help in. There was someone else within S.H.I.E.L.D that had a better track record when it comes to handling children.

Leaving the room, Phil takes out his phone, scrolling through the contact list before finding the number he needed. Calling it and putting it to his ear, Phil waited.

"What's up Phil!"

Rolling his eyes, Phil had a second thought on calling the archer.

"I need help with something."

"Not what I have expected to hear."

"Could you just get over here?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be there within half an hour."

With a sigh, Phil ends the call. This was his last line, if Clint couldn't help him warm up the girl, Phil had no idea of what else he would be able to do. Looking into the living room once more, Phil sees that Mary haven't moved from the couch, her head buried into the dragon. He wishes he knew what he could do, how he could help the girl.

Pushing the worry out of his mind for the moment, he just ended up walking back and forth in the kitchen, waiting for the time to pass by. Finally hearing someone knocking at the door, he is sure he can hear a small sound coming from the living room. Deciding that he couldn't do much to help Mary right now, Phil heads for the door. Opening it, he is meet with not just the person he had called for, but another agent too. An agent he had not even thought of and he couldn't help but to feel a bit worry.

Natasha Romanoff is a wonderful woman with a big heart, she did however have a habit of scaring people that doesn't know her and brining her into meet a girl that's already scared of him, it wouldn't be a good thing.

"Natasha?"

He managed to get out, eyes locked on Clint. The archer shrugs his shoulder before stepping into his apartment.

"She was beside me when you called, couldn't really stop her when she curious on what you needed help with."

He explains, turning his attention towards Natasha just in time to see her smile, stepping through the door herself. Phil rolls his eyes; all he could do now is to hope this would go somewhat alright.