Skye

“No, all of you out! You are not allowed on this floor and especially not this room until I say you are!”

The muffled sound of Pepper's voice makes Skye smile. She and Simmons are currently hiding in on of the elevators, just waiting for the Avengers to take the other one and leave, so they can help Pepper with the preparations.

“What?”

“No, out! Take a shower, treat what ever wound you are hiding and just relax!”

Tony tries to argue with Pepper, which surprises Skye. If anyone should know not to argue with the red-head it should be him. Silence falls over the room for a few minutes, before she can hear how the second elevator starts to move.

Only a few seconds later, the doors of the elevator she and Simmons are in, opens and Skye’s eyes lands on a proud looking Pepper.

“How badly wounded did they look?”

Skye asks, hopping it’s not to bad, because she wouldn’t want to throw a party if it’s bad.

“They all look fine, but I’ve been around them enough to know that at least one of them are hurt. Most of the time it’s Clint.”

Pepper points out as she pulls out a few hidden boxes and all Skye can do is nod her head in agreement. Her brother is the unlucky one in their group.

“Let’s get all of this up before the rest of the people I have invited shows up.”

Pepper orders, and not wanting to be the one going against her, Skye and Simmons follows the orders. Keeping an eye on Simmons throughout the process, Skye can tell the other girl is worried and she can guess what is on her mind.

Seeing as Pepper isn’t paying them any attention, on the phone with what Skye thinks is the food place, she movies over to the Biochemist.

“You alright?”

She asks in a low voice, but it was enough to scare Simmons. The young agent jumps, but managed to keep from screaming and she turns towards Skye.

“Seeing as I now know who helped raise you, I understand how you are so good at sneaking around.”

Simmons points out and Skye can’t help but to smile, not surprised that Simmons would think this is a trait Natasha would teach. Sadly, her ability to move about soundless was one she had learned long before she moved in with Melinda.

“You will do fine, they might seem scare and very intimidating, it’s just a front. And as long as they know you are with me and that I’m fine and comfortable around you, they will be showing you the same respect they do towards everyone else.”

Skye informs her, seeing that Simmons only relaxes slightly, she rolls her eyes. At least she tried, all that is left now is for Simmons to experience it by herself.

At the sound of the elevator stopping on their floor, Skye quickly turns, worried that one of the Avengers have gone against Peppers orders and has come down. But as the door opens and she recognises the blond hair with pink, she smiles.

Seeing the large smile growing on her best friends face as her eyes lands on her, Skye makes sure to stay in her spot, knowing fully well Gwen will be rushing towards her for a hug. And she was right, she just had time to hold her arms out before the other girl crashes in to her.

It was quite nice to see Gwen outside of the hero mask, making these sort of interactions so much easier.

“God’s have I missed you!”

Gwen happily says, not even thinking about letting go of Skye who laughs.

“I missed you too Gwen!”