Bonus Chapter

Jemma Simmons

“Her core temperature’s hovering around 44 degrees Fahrenheit. If we don’t bring her back up to temp in the next few hours, she could sustain permanent brain damage. We need to get her to a medical facility and fast. Until then, I’ll do everything I can to keep her alive. Excuse me.”

Jemma informs  part of her team, she can fully understand why Melinda isn’t with them, but she also know that the older agent is listening in to the conversation. Leaving the lab, she heads into the storage room, opening the drawers to find anything to help clean up the blood on her fingers. Seeing just how much there is, she can’t hold it in any longer. Letting the tears fall, she feels a hand on her shoulder, turning her head slightly, she sees that it’s Fitz.

Feeling his comforting presence, she turns fully into his hug and he let’s her cry out. She’s not sure for how long she was crying for and once she can feel no more tears, she takes a step back.

“This is horrible.”

“And it’s all my fault.”

“No, no, Fitz this isn’t your fault, you know that! Skye had already made up her decision and once she puts her mind to something, nothing will change her mind. If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s Quinn’s.”

Jemma tells him, grabbing hold of his shoulders to make sure he looks at her.

“Before she left, she called me Leo.”

At this new information, Jemma blinks a few times. She knew that putting Skye and Fitz together during the mission would give her two friends the chance to bond, she didn’t expect Skye to get past the barrier. They must have bonded over something new.

“She promised the three of us we would take a train trip through Italy once all of this was over.”

Fitz adds and Jemma smiles at this, it sounds like something Skye would say especially when Fitz complains that he can’t seen any of the sights from the storage room.

“When Skye is on her feet once more, we are definitely doing it, and we should probably bring Gwen with us to. Mainly so we have back up in case Skye tries to do something stupid once more.”

Jemma suggest, making Fitz lift one eyebrow at this.

“You think that will help?”

“Maybe, maybe not. There’s at least one thing I know, if we bring Gwen with us, Skye will be more calm about it all.”

Jemma explains, which makes Fitz nods his head, he couldn’t disagree with her on that.

Dr Johnson

The moment she puts down her fork, her pager goes off. With a deep sigh, she pulls the small device from her pocket to see the code, at least she had finished eating this time around. Seeing that the call is urgent, she place her dishes in the sink before she heads down the corridors, running.

Reaching the trauma room, her eyes lands on the badly wounded woman that is carefully being moved out of a hyperbaric chamber.

“What do we got?”

“Young woman, two gun shoot wounds to her stomach. She’s tachycardic, hypotensive, she lost a lot of blood and they had to lower her core body temperature to get her here.”

One of the nurses explains and Willie nods her head as she reaches for the files.

“What do we know about her?”

“Not much, yet.”

Willie looks up at this, rising one eyebrow at this information. How can’t they have any type of information on this woman.

“I have a name! We are looking for her files now.”

A second nurse informs as she enters the room and Willie turns to look at her.

“Well, her name?”

“Mary-Sue Pots.”

Hearing the name, Willie freezes, memories from when she was a resident, of a young woman coming in with even worse wounds.

“Cut her jacket arm open, all the way!”

She orders, turning towards the woman. She watches as one of the nurses follows her orders and the moment they get past her elbow, Willie sees the scars.

“Describe the woman who told you the name? And you don’t need to find the file, I have it memorised.”

“Short, dark hair, quite an angry look to her eyes, Asian, she seems to have some similarity to the woman on the table.”

The nurse describes and Willie nods her head.

“Move her to the operation room! And you, go and get that agent. There are a few things I need to ask.”

Maria Hill

The moment her phone call with Melinda ends, Maria isn’t sure what to even think. Skye, shoot twice and her life is hanging in the balance. None of this could be real, it has to be a nightmare. But even by pinching herself, she’s still stuck in the same room.

According to Melinda, they needed top of the line equipment, and she’s going to make sure they have it. Rising from her chair, Maria heads down  to the medical bay, making sure to kick her staff down there into action, briefing them on the little she knows. But looking around herself, she knows they need more.

And she knows only of one person that could get her what she needed, well, she knows multiple, but only one can be trusted to stay silent. Leaving the medical bay, she pulls out her phone to make the call.

“Maria, this is a surprise, what can I do for you?”

Pepper Potts answered her call after two signals.

“Please tell me you are at work and neither of my siblings or the rest of the Avengers are with you?”

“That is an oddly suspicious question, but I’m alone at the moment. What happened?”

“I need top of the line medical tech, anything you could send my way as quickly as possible.”

“Maria?”

Is the only thing Pepper asks, she doesn’t need to say more, Maria already know the rest of that question and she hates that she will have to tell her.

“I just got of the phone with Melinda, Skye have been badly wounded, the hospital they stopped by didn’t had resources to handle her wounds.”

She an hear the small gasp on the other side of the line and she lowers her head.

“I will send everything needed, but Maria... I want to be keep updated! I presume Melinda wants the news of Skye’s conditions a secret from the others for now? Considering how you started this conversation.”

“Yes, Coulson will be with them so....”

“I will keep silent and make sure Tony never learns about what I’m about to do.”

Pepper informs her, before the line goes dead. All Maria can do now, is to wait, and she really hates waiting.