Natasha

"Are they still asleep?"

"Gwen is at least, I'm not sure how much Skye have slept, and she seemed already out of it when I run into her in the kitchen."

Clint explains, the three of them are sitting in the kitchen, voices kept low, so they don't wake the young ladies. She and Maria have been working all night to get something together, to make sure that Gwen is being protected and that the police won't be able to arrester her, and even if they do, they won't be able to keep her for long. At least they managed to get something through and with as little information for the rest of the organisation.

Grabbing hold of her coffee cup, she lifts it up to take a sip when Maria's phone starts to call. She had place it on the middle of the table and all eyes turns towards it. Seeing who is calling, they look at one another before she reaches out and grabs the phone.

"Captain Stacy."

"Natasha? I thought I called..."

"This is Maria's phone, but she's not around at the moment. Now, mind tell me what is going on? Because when I returned last night, your daughter is here, asleep in Skye's bed and the only thing I could get out of Clint is that she mumbled something about Peter being killed? What kind of Senior prom are being thrown these years?"

She asks, making sure to keep her voice low as she speaks but she can't help the anger that is boiling inside of her. This man, this man is accusing his own daughter of murder. Granted, he doesn't know that Gwen is Ghost Spider, but they all know he is a good cop, which is making them feel hurt when they realise, they haven't even tried to understand or even tried to talk to Ghost Spider about what really happened last night.

"Spider-Woman attacked and killed the poor lad last night. We are still on a man hunt to bring her down and putting her behind bars where she belongs."

Feeling how both Clint and Maria is pushing her down, Natasha haven't realised she was rising from the chair. There is no way she will let this man hurt this girl.

"Hey! Listen very carefully Captain Stacy! Ghost Spider is under S.H.I.E.L.D protection, she's one of us and we are going over what happened last night. So, I would recommend you guys to step back."

She tells the man on the other end of the line, knowing she probably shouldn't be telling him about these things at the moment. But he is the one that poke the bear, and it was probably for the best that they know up front that Ghost Spider is being protected by S.H.I.E.L.D. Silence falls over them, and Natasha can almost feel the anger coming from the man on the other end of the line. Taking a deep breath, Natasha tries to calm herself down.

"At least Gwen is alright, or at least as alright that she can be in the moment."

She then adds and she can hear almost hear how Captain Stacy is about to go against her, making Natasha take a deep breath.

"We don't work with Ghost Spider personally, and Gwen needs someone else she is close to, to help her through this and Skye is the best option right now. Besides, going back home, to a house that is right beside the house where he used to live will just give her more pain. So, she can stay here for as long as she needs, end of discussion Captain Stacy. Now if you excuse me, I need to check up on the two girls."

She tells the man before hanging up. Feeling that it's only Clint's hand on her shoulder this time around, Natasha closes her eyes and tries to calm herself down as much as possible. After a few deep breaths, she decides that she needs to do something to get some of the anger out of her system.

"I'm going to punch something."

She says, feeling how Clint now let's go of her shoulder, holding up his hand in a sing of surrender. They all know fully well that it's better to just let her go a few rounds on the sandbag than to try and help her themselves. Heading for the second bedroom, she stops outside of Skye's bedroom and looks inside. Seeing Gwen and Skye sleeping side by side managed to somewhat clam her down, not enough but it helps.