Skye

She can feel how the worry is growing for every second she watches the video in front of her. She has never been one to bite her nails when being worried, but in this very moment, she is quiet tempted too. Knowing it would just create a much worse problem in the future if she starts now, she turns around in her van, pulling out an old box. Digging through it, she finds the object she is looking for. Grabbing hold of the old Mushu plushie, she hugs it tightly towards her.

Feeling the comfort from hugging the old toy, she lifts her eyes to the computer screen once more, watching the battle that is happening in this moment. Watching how her older siblings are fighting the aliens that are trying to invade the earth, she worries more than she has ever done. She grow use to having Natasha and Clint out on missions since she moved in with them, Maria or Victoria was always around to keep her company and then also Gwen. And then there is the fact that she created a backdoor into S.H.I.E.L.D so she can keep an eye on the two of them when no one would tell her anything.

Hearing the side door open, she moves her head. Seeing who it is, she stays calm. Seeing Gwen enter the vehicle, closing the door behind her. Seeing how Gwen looks at the dragon plushie, she lifts one eyebrow, but Skye is happy that her oldest and only friend doesn't question her decision about hugging a plushie in this moment. Gwen places herself beside her, not saying a word, not that the mini-spider needs say anything to give her support anymore.

Seeing how Iron Man flies towards the wormhole, holding onto the rocket, Skye starts to wonder what she will have to do next. Her eyes turns from screen and down towards the plushie, taking in a few deep breath, she tries to calm herself down. Natasha and Clint are safe, they are fine, they might be hurt, but they are alive and well and right now, that's all she cares about. Hearing the roar coming from the screen, Skye looks up to see that Iron Man had fallen back to earth once more.

Closing her eyes, Skye pulls her plushie closer to herself and closes her eyes. Repeating in her head that they are safe, they are fine, they are alive. It's not until a few minutes later that she realises something else and her eyes grows big in worry again. Placing the Mushu plushie beside the laptop, she turns of the video and starts working, getting into S.H.I.E.L.D through her backdoor.

"What are you doing?"

She hear Gwen ask and she can feel how her friend moves slightly so she can look over her shoulder.

"I need to make sure Ria is safe and sound too, because if Tasha and Bird Brain is in New York dealing with this, so is she."

She explains and Gwen nods her head, understanding this part well. Going through the list of agents that was part of this mission, her eyes lands on two names. The first one she finds is Maria's since that's the name she has been actively looking for. The second name on the other hand surprised her and seeing what is written, her blood runs cold. Falling into a state of complete chock, Skye tries to prosses what she has just read. Reaching out for the Mushu plushie once more, she realises how shaky her hand is as she takes it.

"Skye?"

Hearing Gwen speak her name somehow managed to pull her back into reality. Double checking the list one more time, she comes to a decision. Closing the laptop, she pulls out her second phone as she places Mushu back into the box once more.

"Do you want to come with me or are you going to stay here?"

She asks Gwen, not looking away from her phone as she is working.

"Oh, you are scarring me right now so I'm coming. Your siblings will kill me of you end up doing something stupid and I'm not there to at least even try to stop you."

Gwen informs her and Skye rolls her eye es at this. She knows her siblings won't try and kill Gwen, they have grown attached to her too after all. But she do know that they will be angry that she isn't there to have her back if Skye would decide to do something stupid. This plan on the other hand isn't a stupid one at least, not for the main part at least.