Skye

"There is nothing more unsettling. Being a part of something so horrible. Completely unaware. The cadet could've died. "

"We drew up those concepts years ago. We didn't know they be applied in that way."

Seeing the heart broken look in Jemma's eyes and the complete defeat in Fitz voice, Skye can't help but to feel extremely sorry for her two friends, looking over the case file, eyes on the silver cylinder tube.

"Is this the device they found in the frozen pool? Correction, the instantly frozen indoor pool?"

She asks as Fitz walks over to the table with two cups of what she presumes is tea, handing one to Jemma. Ward was nodding his own head, sitting on the other side from them, a tablet of his own in his hand.

"Seems like it was planted in the filter days before. Like someone was waiting for those specific cadets."

"Well, as far as they can tell, the device uses a crystalline nucleation process she designed."

Fitz explains, nodding his head towards Jemma.

"And a delivery mechanism he invented."

Jemma adds, mimicking his action, which somehow makes Skye smile. One of these days she really should sit down with Jemma and ask if there is anything else going on between them. Or maybe she could be brave enough to ask Fitz.

"That's why we're being asked to consult on the investigation."

"So, we're going to the Academy?"

Skye asks and she can't help the joy of getting a chance to see the place up front, especially after all the stories she has heard of the place.

"Science and Technology Division."

Ward points out and Skye makes sure not to roll her eyes.

"Cadets are pretty shaken up over what happened. Agent Weaver asked If you two could speak to the student body about "potentiality". Calm them down."

"Of course. The talk. We've all heard the talk."

"I haven't."

Skye adds, at least she is sure she hasn't heard that talk, but she has been through quite a few other talks with her siblings and aunt throughout the years.

"I guess you will."

Ward tells her and this time, Skye rolls her eyes.

"Well, I've heard a lot about the Academy. I'm excited to finally see it."

She adds, bumping her shoulder into Jemma's, mostly so he can get at least some type of a smile out of her friend.

"Me too. Never been to Sci-Tech before."

Ward jumps in and Skye looks at him, not even surprised over that fact.

"The different S.H.I.E.L.D. Academies don't interact?"

She asks, hearing how Jemma and Fitz scoffs at her comment and she smiles.

"Not much. Academy of Communications does. But they're the biggest and focused on data analysis."

Ward continues to explain, ignoring Jemma and Fitz.

"Boring."

"By far the easiest to get into."

Fitz and Jemma say at the same time.

"That's where you'd be, Skye."

Fitz adds and Skye moves so she could see him better, eyes narrowed.