Melinda

Everything is a blur from the moment they learned the moment they learned the train had been stopped, to finding Jemma just waking up. Finding Fitz just as a body had been thrown out the window and a guard pointing his gun at the young engineer.

Ward being the first one through the front door as the rest of them took to the back door. Ward shooting Quinn's guards as Phil grabs the man, pushing him to Ward, gun pointed towards.

Learning that Skye is somewhere in the building, her leaving Ward to deal with Quinn as she rushes of. On a whim she headed down a set of stairs, pushing the slightly open door at the bottom of the stairs, to see her daughter covered and blood and what she hopes is just knocked out due to the blood lost.

She had not heard that Phil had followed her until she hears him call for Jemma ad Melinda carefully lifts Skye’s head to make sure she is still with them.

Jemma is soon beside her, barking orders without a second thought, ordering them to but Skye into a hyperbaric chamber. Following the orders and closing the doors, it feels like an eternity before her daughter takes in a deep breath.

She’s not sure how they managed to get the machine out of the building and onto the BUS, but one thing is for sure, someone was going to die if Skye doesn’t make it.

She makes sure to stay in the cockpit throughout the flight, not trusting herself to be down in the lab. She had listen to Jemma’s briefing on Skye’s condition and she can hear just how heart broken the young woman is. She should try and be there for her, but she knows that if leaves this room, she will end up killing Quinn.

She makes sure the land the plane on the closes hospital with a landing roof and the moment the ramp is lowered, hospital personal is ready to help move the machine.

“She was shot twice in the abdomen at close range almost two hours ago.”

“She’s tachycardic, hypotensive, and lost a significant amount of blood. We had to lower her core body temp in order to transport her here.”

“That’s probably what kept her alive this long. We’ll do everything we can.”

Melinda listens to the conversation happening in front of her, not sure if she should mention anything. Seeing how Skye is being rolled away without Jemma and Phil following, she makes a decision.

Grabbing hold of the closes nurse that is heading for the room they are taking Skye, she leans towards the woman.

“All of her previous medical information is found under the name Mary-Sue Pots.”

She tells the nurse who nods her head and Melinda lets her go, she can feel how the team looks at her, but she ignores them. Holding out one of her arms, Jemma quickly moves to her side and leans into the sideway hug. All they could do now, is to wait.

As they are heading for the waiting room, the same nurse Melinda had spoken to returns, out of breath  a clear sign she had been running.

“The doctor wish to wish to speak to you, Agent May.”

She nods her head, leaving Jemma’s side and follows the nurse down the corridors. She is being led into a washing room where her eyes lands on a young looking woman, who is just finishing up washing her hands and getting ready for surgery.

“You know, when I entered work today, the last thing I would have expected where to hear that name again.”

The doctor explains, lifting her head to look at Melinda.

“You don’t recognise me? Well, can’t blame you, I was simply a resident at the time and you were only here to pick up young Mary-Sue. I did however memories that full file, it was one of the worst cases I had ever seen.”