Maria

"What exactly are you up too?"

Looking up from the computer screen, her eyes lands on Natasha. The red-haired assassin is standing in front of her, a cup of what she hopes is coffee in her hand. The lift eyebrow is giving her the signature judging look that Maria hade once wish she never would have to get use too. Now it was just an everyday look.

"I'm just looking a few things up."

She decides to answer, turning her attention back to the computer screen once more. Seeing how Natasha moves around the couch, Maria knows that the other woman won't give up until she finds out exactly what she's up to.

"Officer George Stacy?"

"Just checking up on Skye's new friends' family before her next dance lesson."

She can see the mysterious smile through the computer screen, and she just rolls her eyes. She's just waiting for her to make a comment so she could tell the assassin that if this was her, she would be doing the exact same thing, they all would. The day Natasha saved Skye from what ever had happened, they swore that they would do anything for the young girl, a girl that had become their little sister the moment she called Clint Bird Brain for the first time.

Remembering that day brings back a smile, Skye had been so scared and unsure about the whole thing and Maria couldn't blame her. What she had figured out later, the small girl had just started to get use to Melinda, then have the only person she trust thrust her to an unknown woman. Not to mention having two crazy, and one of them quite scarry, just show up out of no where when eating, it was quite a day for Skye. But she had also grown slightly in that moment and every moment that followed that.

It took a few times before she trusted her, Natasha and Clint as much as she trusted Melinda, but they managed to reach that point. Only for her to be moved off to another place, it was just pure luck that time around that it had been Phil and that he decided to call Clint for help. Victoria was probably to biggest surprise, but Maria had learned after talking to the other agent the last time they meet, Skye hadn't closed herself off as much as she had done with Phil. Sure, Skye have always had an easier time warming up to females than males, but she guess the biggest help that time around had been Evgenia.

And here they are once more, Skye have managed to find herself a friend and it's all thanks to Evgenia's class. They really should be giving that woman something, she has been to so much help, more so than she might even realise herself. She had jumped on the helping part mostly because she owed Natasha a favour, a favour that quickly turned into something else.

"Hey, earth to Hill? Are you there?"

Seeing a hand snapping in front of her, Maria pulls herself back to reality once more. She didn't even realise she had zoned out until that moment. Looing up at Natasha, she can see a hint of worry in her eyes, but the worry soon disappears and the red-haired assassin sists down beside her.

"So, what do we know of this Officer Stacy?"

Natasha asks, lifting her cup to her mouth to take a sip. Turning her attention back to her laptop screen, Maria starts to go over the information she has managed to find on the man. So far, she liked what she was seeing, but she won't let Skye near him until she has a proper talk with the man, one on one.

"What I have found looks good, he's a good officer. But I will have a talk with him when I drop of Skye today, just to be on the safe side. Anything can be written in a report, it's harder to hide the truth once face to face."

Maria starts to explain and from the corner of her eye, she sees Natasha nod her head. A silent fall over them, turning her head to the side, she can see the gear turning in Natasha's head and she rolls her eyes, already knowing what is to come.