Melinda

“Absolutely not! Sir.”

Ward starts to complain directly, his attention turned towards Phil who is in deep thought already.

“We can’t send in someone that has zero training.”

Ward adds, making a valid point to his argument.

“Who said I don’t have any training?”

Skye asks, the attention turning towards the young hacker who lowers her phone.

“Do you really think I would live in a van without knowing how the defend myself?”

She adds, crossing her arms in the process. There is a determination in her eyes, a determination Melinda hasn’t seen before. But there was something else too and for some reason, it almost feels like Melinda has seen this mix before. But where and how, she can’t remember.

“And what if they come at you wit guns, huh? There is no way we can send her in, sir.”

Ward points out, turning his attention towards Phil.

“Simple, all I have is to disarm them.”

At Skye’s reply, attention is turned towards her. Determination in her eyes makes Melinda question once more who they have picked up.

“Melinda, check what she is able to do. Please.”

Phil finally speaks, his head turning to look at her, adding a please. Melinda can see that Ward isn’t happy about this, and she isn’t either. Melinda nods her heads however, considering Skye seems to have a problem with males and they still haven’t heard anything from Maria or Natasha, she is the best one to check what the hacker is able to do.

Moving from her spot, she walks directly towards Skye who lowers her head, placing her phone in her pocket. Nodding her head to signal the younger woman to follow her, Melinda hears how Ward starts to complain behind them once more.

Leading Skye down to the hangar, she points to the open space than still holds a sandbag hanging from the roof. Seeing that Skye takes the spot she pointed out, Melinda makes sure to get a gun. Returning to Skye, she place herself in front of the hacker, pointing the gun towards her.

“Now...”

Melinda starts to say, she didn’t get the chance to finish. In a speed Melinda haven’t seen in a long time. Blinking her eyes, Melinda looks at the gun, that she had been holding a second before, now being pointed towards her. Lifting her eyes to look at Skye, she can see that the young woman is keeping her face blank and hands steady.

“Well, seems like you do know this.”

Melinda says, looking at the gun once more. To her surprise, Skye turns it around to let Melinda take it back.

“One of my foster parents were competing in gun shooting and he thought it best that the kids knows how to handle them, just in case. And we were four girls living in the house so I can understand him, doesn’t mean that I like this sort of things.”

Skye starts to explain, surprising Melinda. She wasn’t expecting the young woman in front of her to give out information like this. But taking the gun back, Melinda nods her head.

“Are you completely sure you want to do this?”

Melinda finds herself ask, surprising herself just as much Skye.

“It will be hard, I can’t deny that. But as I said, FitzSimmons love the guy and this is the only way.”

Skye replied, turning to look at something in the distance. The emptiness in the girls eyes reminds Melinda almost of herself at one point, with a shake of her head, Melinda push that though away. There was only one person she would ever have thought was one of her own, and she hasn’t seen that young girl in years.