Melinda

The sudden attack happens in a flash, Skye had been walking towards her when one of the people they have been tailing, decides to attack, their attention on Skye for some reason. At the sound of the gun shoot, she pulls her own gun, quickly turning. From the corner of her eyes, she can see that Coulson and Ward are pulling their own weapons to. Three more shoots are being fired off and the man goes down.

Turning towards the spot Skye should be standing, or have fallen, there is no one. Which makes Melinda grow worried, not being able to see her. She can see that FitzSimmons are trying to locate their friend too.

"Well, fancy seeing you hanging around up here."

At the voice of Ghost Spider, Melinda turns her head, eyes landing on a Skye, hanging upside down in a lamp post, Ghost Spider sitting on it.

"Ghost Spider! You put me down right now!"

Skye calls out, her arms crossed, and she tries to look at her spider themed hero friend. Understanding what happened, Melinda calms down, the calm doesn't last long however when she can feel people coming towards them. Turning her head, her eyes lands on a group of police officers coming towards them and she rolls her eyes.

"Ghost, put her down."

Melinda orders, turning to look at Ghost Spider, who has now realised that the police are coming their way. She quickly helps Skye down to the ground and Jemma is by her friend's side within seconds, to make sure she is alright. Ghost makes a swift jump over their heads to stand by the man who had attacked them, kicking him slightly with her foot.

"GHOST SPIDER!"

One of the officers calls out, making Ghost turn to look at the group, their guns pulled and pointing towards her. Melinda is about to move forwards, but at the sound of Skye's voice from behind her, she keeps her stand.

"I would pick my next words very careful their captain Stacy!"

At her voice, the captain, turns his head, eyes landing on Skye and Melinda can see how he let's out a deep sigh, lowering his gun.

"Weapons down."

He orders his officers, there are a few complaints and the man who Melinda now realises is the one she was talking to the night before looks at them.

"Lower them, the moment we put handcuffs on her, they will be off again, it's no use."

He points out, and this time they follow the orders.

"I mean, they can always try, it would be fun to see how it turns out."

Ghost comments and Skye rolls her eyes, moving from Simmons and walking towards him. Melinda can see that she is making sure to walk carefully, keeping close to Ghost once she reaches the other girl.

"Don't, this isn't helping your case, Ghost."

Skye comments, making sure to keep her eyes on the police, who is now looking around themselves.

"What happened here?"

Captain Stacy finally asks, his eyes landing on the knocked out on the ground.

"S.H.I.E.L.D mission."

Skye answer swiftly, putting an end to the discussion, Melinda can see that the man in front of her wish to make a comment about it but keep silent. She might just tell the man what happens later on, she will need to talk to him either way to see if he has learned anything about the foster family Skye had.

"Yeah, what would expect when it's her."

Ghost comments and Skye hits her this time around, in a try to keep her silent.