Skye

When she had agreed on going undercover, to make sure the Rising Tied wouldn’t be able to hack into S.H.I.E.L.D and learning all of their secrets, Skye had thought she wouldn’t need to return back to this apartment in a long time. Yet, she finds herself back here again, this time followed by the Avengers. When they left the small restaurant, they had split up.

To Natasha and Clint's great loss, they had to take the rest of the Avengers to the tower. As for Maria, to Gwen's lost, decided to come along with her and Gwen. Or rather, Maria decided that she wasn’t fit to drive, which Gwen had agreed on. The three of them had been first to reach the building and had entered it in silent, a silent that followed them all the way into the living room.

As they entered, Skye walked directly towards the couch and sits down. Maria places herself by the door leading to the hallway and Gwen disappeared into the kitchen, coming out a few seconds later with a drink for the two of them. Skye grabs the drink being offered, but knowing she won’t be able to keep anything down in the moment, she places the drink on the table in front of her.

They didn’t have to wait for very long before they hear the many locks being unlocked at the front door. Realising for the first time that she will be in the presence of four new people, four new men to be exact, in a small room, Skye freezes up where she’s sitting. Carefully turning her eyes towards the hallway, she can see that Maria’s attention is on the door and not her.

“Now that seemed a bit overkill, I don’t even that many security locks on my doors.”

She hear Tony point out as the door opens up and she can see how Natasha rolls her eyes, she does keep silent however. She enters the apartment first and Skye can see how her eyes is scanning the rooms before landing on her. Skye sees the second Natasha realises she’s not comfortable and her red-haired sister is beside her within seconds. Feeling how Natasha places an arm around her shoulders, she relaxes just slightly and leans into the hug.

“I wasn’t expecting this place to be this big.”

She hear Rogers comment as the rest of the Avengers now enters the apartment, Clint closing the door behind them all.

“Have you taken over the whole floor or something?”

Tony comments and Skye can see how Maria nods her head.

“Then why keep all of the other doors for?”

He asks and she can see Maria roll her eyes.

“It’s a safe house, be happy you are even brought here.”

She tells him, her eyes narrowed as she speaks. Seeing how Tony takes a step back, Skye realises that he or the other three male Avengers have cross pass with an angry Maria, no less an angry and protective one. Silence falls over the room, and Skye can see how Tony, Steve, Bruce and Thor are all looking at one another. Clint on the other hand takes this moment to join Skye and Natasha on the couch.

“Alright, we are to get some questions answered.”

Tony then points out, clapping his hands together in the progress and Skye feels how she jumps slightly at the sudden sound. Cursing herself for reacting in this way, she tries to collect herself. She thought she had grown past this scare by now, but breaking down the way she did earlier seems to have pulled her old fears out once more. Feeling how Natasha pulls her closer to herself, Skye can almost guess the look she is sending Tony and seeing how Tony takes yet another step back, she realises exactly what look is om her sisters face.

“Tasha.”

Skye managed to say in a low, slightly broken tone and she can feel how Natasha relaxes only slightly. She knew her older sister would completely relax but it was better than anything.