Skye

If there is one thing, she hates more than what happened to her on that day, or men, it's when her worries become reality. The echoes of the bomb going of, with Mike in the middle of it and his son in her arms. With the knowledge that Coulson had been taken is on repeat every time she closes her eyes.

The moment they got back to the BUS, Skye made sure to hide herself away in her bunk, refusing to open the door for anyone. She knows she's making her mother and Jemma more worried over this, but she can't face them. Not when she doesn't understand what is happening with herself.

She's worried for him, terrified that she will not see him again, that Coulson is gone for good this time and the last memories she will have of him are bad once. She has tried to only focus on the good ones from her childhood, but they are kept in the shadows by that one moment when they were at the HUB.

At this moment, Skye is happy that neither Natasha nor Clint knows the truth about Coulson being alive. She's not so sure they would be able to lose their friend one more time if this were to go south.

Hearing a knock on her bunk door, Skye turns her back towards it, deciding that pretending to sleep is her best option. But when she hears her door open, she quickly turns around, her eyes growing large as she sees who enters the small bunk.

Victoria Hand is makes sure the close the door behind her before moving to sit down on Skye's bed. Seeing her aunt, in her small bunk makes her cry once more and she throws herself into Victoria's open arms. The older woman makes sure to hold onto her as Skye cries, not saying a single word.

It takes Skye a while to calm down, and when she is able to breath properly once more, she looks up at aunt.

"Should you be here?"

She somehow managed to get out, hearing how raspy her voice is after all her crying.

"Do you mean here as on the BUS or here as in your bunk?"

"Both I guess?"

"Your mother called in Coulson's kidnapping, and I was assigned to help out finding him. I'm here earlier than the agents I'm taking with me. Melinda sent me a quick message that you were not taking this well and seeing how many agents I'm bringing with me, I had to make sure you are alright and that you are properly warned. And Melinda is handling the rest of the team so I could come see you."

Victoria explains and Skye lowers her head, she should have known more agents were being called in. Coulson is a highly popular agent after all, and Fury have gone to the end of the world just to bring him back from the dead already. And there was another thing she isn't happy about in this moment, having the full information of what happened to him.

"I don't know if I can be here."

Skye hears herself saying, not even realising this is what she was going for. But as she thinks about it, she realises this is the truth, if the BUS is going to be overrun with agents, she doesn't want to be here.

"I fully understand you, however, there is one thing we need help with. After that, I think you should call Gwen and head for the apartment until everything has been cleared up and we have found Coulson."

Victoria tells her and Skye looks at her, not fully sure if she will be able to handle doing a mission now.

"Don't worry, I'm going to make sure you are together with Jemma and Fitz, all you need to do, is make sure a person we are going to bring in ends up on the top floor with the elevator. Do you think you can handle that?"

Victoria asks her and Skye takes a few minutes to think it over, if she's only with Jemma and Fitz, she will be able to handle whatever is going on, and since she will be hacking. She nods her head as an answer and Victoria gives her a smile before hugging her close.