Skye

Complete silence is what Skye meets when she makes her comment, if it wasn’t for the fact that she can hear a faint sound of others moving around on Maria's end of the call, she would have guessed that her sister ended the call.

“You were the Rising Tied member they were tracking?”

Is the only thing Maria seems to get out, making Skye roll her eyes.

“Yes, and from the sound of it, you knew about this and didn’t even recognise the code words we put up if I needed a quick out, thanks for that Ria.”

“I didn’t, I had to much on my hand dealing with... what did you call him, T-1000 and Coulson, and the fact that the doctor isn’t happy about giving him a clear to be out in the field...”

Maria starts to explain, only to grow silent. Skye figures she had said more than she should have.

“Maria, what is going on here? First I found out he is dead, then you, Tasha, Clint and the rest of the Avengers confirms this and now I’m in a plane with the father figure I thought I lost. Or did lose, he doesn’t seems to recognise me.”

She starts to explain, only for her voice to shift in to a sad, pained one at the end.

“He doesn’t recognise you?”

She can hear the surprise in Maria’s voice as she asks that question and Skye shakes her head, only to remember Maria can’t see her do it.

“No, when he looks at me, it’s like he sees right through me. All he sees is a hacker they just picked up.”

She explains and Skye is quite sure that if she wasn’t stuck on this bus, in this room. She would take up a small corner of her van and hug Mushu until this feeling went away. That or she call Natasha, the only problem is, she is already out on a mission herself.

“Well, things are a bit, complicated. I can’t tell you over the phone but I’ll collect everything I can and send it to you as soon as I can. Just, don’t contact Natasha or Clint. This is all Fury’s orders and well, once you see what has happened you will understand why.”

Maria tells her and Skye gets a bad feeling about all of this.

“So what do you want me to do?”

“What have you done so far?”

“I played my part as the hacker they think that have brought in.”

“Good, keep that up. Hopefully May will recognize you.”

Maria says and before Skye has a chance to ask what she means by that, the call ends. Lowering her phone, she looks at the object as if she doesn’t know what it is. Melinda is on this plane as well? So many thoughts and questions are going through her mind in this moment and she can’t even figure out where to even start.

But hearing footsteps coming towards the door once more, Skye hides the phone once more and sits down on the chair. She has time to take a deep breath so she can try and get back into character as the door opens and Phil, followed by Ward enters once more.

“This is QNB-T16.”

Phil explains, holding up a small tube with blue liquid. Seeing it, Skye tries to rise from the chair, only to be hold back down by Ward. She knew the effects of that serum, she have heard all about it.

“It’s the top-shelf Martini of Sodium Pentothal derivatives.”

Phil continues and loads the small needle gun he brought along.

“It’s a brand-new and extremely potent truth drug.”

As Phil looks towards her, Skye is sure he must see the fear shining in her eyes. She tries to call for the training she was given by Natasha, but none of the tricks she has learned can help her now.