Victoria

This isn’t her day, and she can feel how a headache is growing stronger and stronger. Looking at the mission plan, she starts to wonder if she should just call Natasha and Clint themselves instead of going through Fury. This mission needs more experience than the team she is about to send out. Granted, one of the two agents was top of his calls, then again… he was handpicked by Garret. The other one, zero experience, she doesn’t count the experience they had when they blow a hole in their plane.

“Agent Hand.”

Felling how the headache reaches a new point at the sound of Coulson’s voice. She turns around, arms crossed, and eyes narrows as she watches him, Ward and May entering the room. Coulson is smiling towards her, in his way to makes things easier. Rolling her eyes at his behaviour, she is somewhat glad that his brush with death didn’t change to much of his personality.

“Coulson, Ward, May.”

She says, nodding at each one in order. When she looks at May however, she realises that something is off. She can’t put a finger on it, but she knows that she doesn’t like it. She also knows there is now way she will be able to figure out what the other woman is keeping from her, which makes things worse than they already are.

“You have a mission for us.”

Coulson points out, making Victoria turn her attention towards Coulson once more, nodding her head before looking towards the large screen beside her. As she is about to start explaining, the door to the meeting room opens, a younger agent looks inside. She can see the worry in his eyes as he looks around himself.

“What?”

She asks, knowing she is probably too hard on the young man. But she knows she has trained them all not to interrupt when she’s in a meeting. Seeing how the agent swallows his fear, he stands a bit taller.

“Sorry ma’am, but… Your niece is here to see you.”

The agent explains, feeling as if the floor beneath her opens up, multiple reasons as to why Skye has entered the building swarms her mind, one reason worse than the other. Taking in a deep breath, in a try to collect herself, she nods her head.

“Thank you.”

She informs the younger agent who quickly escapes the room. Turning to look at Coulson, Ward and May, she can see that at least two of them are looking at her out of surprise. Ignoring the fact that May doesn’t react like the rest of her team for now, she nods her head.

“Excuse me, I need to make sure everything is alright.”

She says, turning her attention towards one of the agents in the room.

“You can start showing them what the mission is about.”

She informs the agent who nods his head, with that, she leaves the room. Walking down the long hallways of the HUB, she tries to calm herself down enough to face Skye. She knows that the young woman has grown a lot since she first took her in, she does know however, that Skye can still reach if one comes against her looking angry. Reaching her office, she pushes the door open to see Skye sitting in her chair, spinning like a bored child. Seeing this action, Victoria smiles, it has been too long since she has seen this personality coming from her.

“Skye.”

Seeing how Skye stops spinning her chair in the right spot so she can see her, she smiles big.

“Hello Vic!”

She greats happily, Victoria can tell that there is something that isn’t right, however. Normally, the young woman would be up on her feet and giving her a hug. It’s the normal reaction she has to meeting any of her siblings or Gwen too. Skye’s a hugger and seeing that she isn’t holding onto the young woman right now, tells Victoria that something isn’t right.