Skye

“Michael Peterson... factory worker, married, one kid. Gets injured, gets laid off.”

Phil says, making Skye come to a stop, turning her head towards the large screen. She had figured out he was without a job, she had not thought what the main reason was for. She should have looked into him more before she had started her recording that had lead her here.

“Wife jumps the ship. Good guy, bad breaks. Best guess is, somebody tells him they can make him strong again, make him super.”

Phil continues to explain and Skye keeps her eyes on the large screen, crossing her arms in the process.

“Who has the tech to do that? And why would they want to?”

Melinda asks and Skye can think of at least ten reasons why, the battle of New York being top on that list right now. After what happened that day, people got scared, they were not ready to learn what crazy and weird things that is happening all around them on a daily basis after all.

“Fitz, what do we have from the security footage before the blast?”

Phil asks, turning his attention towards the young agents. The male one, that Skye figures is Fitz then, steps towards the table and start working on it. A new picture is being added to the large screen and Skye sees two men, one clearly angry.

“What are we seeing.”

Melinda asks and Skye is asking the same question in her head.

“Well, the man is angry at the other man.”

Fitz explains and Skye knows she isn’t the only one looking at him with raised eyebrow.

“The data is very corrupted.”

The young female agent speaks up and Fitz nods his head at this.

“Yeah, like cold war Russia corrupted.”

“Yeah.”

“I-I couldn’t sync the timecode without –“

Fitz starts to explain and Skye turns her attention away from the large screen and looks at Fitz and his partner.

“What if you had the audio?”

She asks, stepping back slightly as all eyes turns towards her.

“I was... running surveillance on the lab. I had my shotgun mic pointed at the window before the blast. The digital file’s in my van. There’s to much background noise for me, but you could probably-“

She starts to explain, not fully sure what she is feeling like she needs to defend her action, only to remember that the two younger agents thinks she is simply a hacker, and Phil and Melinda doesn’t recognise who is standing in front of them after she many years.

“You could clean that up, can’t you? Find a sync point and use cross-field validation to find –“

The female agent asks, turning her attention towards Fitz once more who nods his head slightly.

“But I can’t scrub for expression patterns when the vit-c is all-“

“Well, is there a chrominance subcarrier?”

“Yeah, attached to the back porch. Brilliant.”

Seeing how the two younger agents talks to one another, it almost reminds Skye of how Natasha and Clint talks. Seeing how the two of them turns their attention at her again, Skye nearly takes a step back again.

“Um, that audio would be great. Thank you very, very much. / We will take that audio, please.”

They speak at the same time, smiling big in the process.