Skye

AN: Wow, this is the shortest chapter i have written fro this ff so far. But I couldn't really come up with more for this chapter so here it is!

-X-X-X-X-X-

"Hello little star."

She blinks a few times, trying to get a bearing of what's around her and what have happened. The voice that just greeted her wasn't the same one that had been talking to her when she had fallen asleep and for a few seconds, Skye thought it had all been a dream. But as her eye's lands on Maria, she calms down. It had not been a dream after all, and Natasha had after all told her Maria and Clint would join them in the apartment.

Turning her head to look around her, she tries to locate where the rest of her siblings are. When she can't see them, she starts to grow worried once more. Feeling how Maria pulls her towards herself, Skye realizes she most have shown that she was starting to shake.

"Tasha and Clint are just out fixing a few things. They should be back any minute now."

Maria tells her in a low, calming voice. Moving her head so she can listen to Maria's heartbeat, Skye starts to take a few deep breaths, remembering what Melinda had taught her all those months ago. Feeling how she slowly calms down and relaxes, she can feel Maria loosen the grip around her too, just to let Skye decide for herself if she wishes to stay in the hug or not. Happy for the choice, she stays in the position she's in.

"I have something I need to tell you however, and I think it's for the best that we do not tell Tasha or Clint."

Hearing this made Skye grow slightly worried for the third time, looking up at Maria, she can see that it's not anything bad.

"Before Tasha and Clint left, Tasha asked me to delete everything S.H.I.E.L.D has on you, delete everything about a small girl named Mary-Sue Pots. There was however a slight problem, this was a work I wasn't able to do form here, so I called in a favor from one of the agents, turned out I managed to call your aunt."

Hearing the word aunt, Skye looks at Maria, surprise shining in her eyes. She didn't have an aunt; she only has her siblings. She once had people she thought she would be able to call mom and dad, that had however seemed to be doomed from the start. So how did she managed to end up with an aunt?

"So, if you ever end up in trouble and you can't get hold of either three of us. You head for a S.H.I.E.L.D base and when someone asks, you tell them you are there to see your Auntie Vick."

Hearing the nickname, she had used on the last S.H.I.E.L.D agent that oversaw her, Skye blinks. Once everything had fallen into place, she starts to smile. Happy that her family have grown larger, even if it's just one more person. At least it's one more person she trusts and one more person she knows will protect her if anything were to happen. And Vick have just given her free access to S.H.I.E.L.D bases.

"So, keep this quite from Tash and Bird brain?"

"Keeping it quiet from Tash and bird brain."

Maria laughed as she answered her, making Skye smile more.

"How about we start making some food, so there's something for the two of them when they decide to finally show up?"

Nodding her head as an answer, Maria rises from the couch and holds up her hand for her to take. Looking at it for a few seconds, Skye takes it, being careful as she does. Making sure she has a good grip on Mushu, she let Maria lead her towards the kitchen. Skye took the opportunity to scan the apartment, she had kept her focus on Natasha when they got here earlier. The size of the place throws her off slightly. There was so much space she didn't really know what to do about. Entering the kitchen, Maria leads her over to the counter before she starts to look through the kitchen for some food.

"Remind me that one of us needs to go to the store later, we really need to stuck up on food in here. This place hasn't really been used since we brought it, we got this place just incase this day would be coming."

Maria speaks as she digs through the fridge in look for food, only to let out a heavy sigh a few seconds later, her head turning so she could look at Skye.

"How about we just order some pizza?"

Skye starts to smile large at this idea, it was very rare that she would get to eat pizza, the only one who had been caving the most when she had asked for it had been Phil. The only time she managed to get Melinda to agree on it was when Clint is there. Mostly because Clint acted more like a child than she is and it always made her laugh, just thinking about it made Skye smile.

"Let me guess, Clint, Melinda and pizza?"

Maria asks, pulling Skye back to the here and now, making her nod her head as an answer. Hearing Maria laugh made Skye smile even bigger. Maria gives her a small wink before she pulls out her phone to make the pizza order for them all. Skye took this time to look down at the Mushu plushie, stroking the head, she let her mind travel back to the day Clint and Natasha had shown up at Melinda's place with it.

He had shown up the day after they had all watched Mulan for the first time, handing her the plushie. She had made sure to always keep it near her, it being the first real thing she had been given that wasn't clothes. Hugging it tightly towards herself once more, she starts walking towards the living room once more. The TV and DVD are still on and Skye realizes that the movie had come to an end, grabbing the remote, she sits down on the couch and starts it up once more. Determine to watch until the end this time around.

Hearing footsteps, she looks up to see Maria walking out of the kitchen. As her eye's lands on Skye, she smiles before joining her on the couch.

"Pizza is ordered, and I got a message from Tasha. Both parts should be arriving at the same time so the two of them can be confused over why there is a pizza delivery guy outside looking for them."

Maria tells her and Skye starts to smile, she had missed this. Sure, her two weeks with Vick had been great them too, but the time she had spent within those four walls would be giving her nightmares for a long time. She had only been within these walls for a few hours and she's already feeling safe and welcomed. Both Natasha and Maria were a big part for this feeling, Skye knows that, but something told her that she would love it in here, even if not all three are there at the same time.

She knows there will be times when Natasha and Clint must leave for work, they are after all agent's and their work is to protect the world. There's a higher chance that maria would be around more than the other two, but even she has work that's important to the world protection. But that is a bridge they will all have to cross when that day comes, in this moment Skye is quite sure neither of them will leave her for a longer amount of time if they can't help it. Which makes her quite curious as to why Natasha and Clint had left before she had woken up from her sleep.

Feeling a hand comping through her hair, Skye freezes up for a few seconds before calming down, leaning into the touch. She had not realized that her thoughts had made her work herself up. At least maria didn't ask any questions, neither would Natasha and Clint. They had all been understanding about her feelings from day one and they had never pushed her or made her talk about what's going on in her mind. They know that she would tell them when she feels ready, and she loved them so much for that.

That thought made her freeze up once more, confused over the fact that she loved these three people. When had she started to fell like this? Thinking back, she can't pinpoint to a time when she had started to love them all, all she knows now is that she can't see herself without having them around her. They are her family, and she knows that they would be doing anything for her, just as much as she was going to make sure they were all alright.

Hearing the door open, Skye can't help but to hide slightly behind Maria, before remembering that Natasha had told her that no one except herself, maria and Clint are able to get through that door.

"PIZZA DELIVERY!"

Clint's voice echoes through the apartment as he and Natasha enter the living room, the archer holding up the pizza boxes with one hand. Looking at him from behind Maria, Skye smiles at the goofiness that is her older brother. In that moment, she's a hundred percent sure, she would be safe from here on out.