part 17

The next second Sirius was in front of them, wand already out, ready to burn whoever comes to harm them. Just as Harry was going to follow his godfathers actions, he was pulled away. He was so startled that he froze. Ara was trembling from head to toe in fear, crouching behind Sirius, but she had pulled Harry out of way and was shielding him, whispering softly "Its okay Harry...it's okay." Harry just found the situation so strange, he was frozen.

After a few seconds of silence, another loud voice, enchanted louder voices of the twins exactly, was heard all over the place. "MOM...ICKLE RONNIEKINNS IS ...... PREFECT ..." 

Ara was the first to relax. She took a deep breath. Sirius turned to see them and was silent. Harry was staring at Ara. She saw it and quickly stepped away. "Oh my.... Harry... I.... I am so.... so sorry. You're a very powerful wizard. I... stupid... I thought to pull you... I am really sorry.. I.." She was backing away and Sirius was frowning as he made his way to her when Harry ran over and hugged her.

Ara quickly shut up as she felt her neck getting wet with Harry's tears. When he spoke, his voice was so small and choked. " Thank you. I...I am always thrown into the battlefront. Protecting others... I guess I got used to it. Thank you."She gently held him as he relaxed. Soon an owl fluttered inside. Harry sent a smile at Sirius who was watching them silently and proceeded to get his hogwarts letter grinning.
"Leaving us so happily Harry?" Sirius asked. Harry looked worried as he shook his head. Sirius laughed as he said, "Hey don't you feel guilty. I would be worried if you aren't happy going back to hogwarts." Harry smiled back.

Ara walked towards the door "Let's go and congratulate the prefects. I think they need to spend sometime together. They really need to sort things out, you know after the yule ball and all. I think some boring prefect meetings should be perfect opportunity. What you think Harry?"
"Aah well, that will be perfect." Harry grinned as he moved closer to Ara."So they get together?"

Ara smiled mischievously "Now, I mustn't ruin all surprises. Right?"
Harry huffed but smiled."I guess I will have to wait and find out" Ara nodded smiling. At the door, she turned and looked questioningly at Sirius. "I thought you forgot me" he smiled.
"Don't worry. She never could." Harry laughed and ran away. Ara turned to look in his direction and chuckled lightly.

Sirius walked to her and said,"Ara... I...I don't know how to tell you. But the way you care for Harry.. and me...and for everyone. I..I could never thank you enough." Ara looked up and saw a dep emotion stirring in those grey eyes. "I...I just..."she cleared her throat and looked down."He is a good boy. He deserves to be treated like...like the best way possible. Am not doing enough." Sirius lifted her chin with his finger gently and said, "You do treat him the best way possible. He smiles the widest after talking to you. He even runs around playing like a kid around you."

"No no. He's happy with you Sirius.." Ara tried as Sirius raised his finger and placed it on her lips, sealing them. "I know he loves me and I give him my best. But I...I am not an expert in dealing with emotions Ara. And my time in Azkaban....I am too much broken. You...you heal me, love. And you help Harry in a way no-one has done ever. Don't be so harsh,now. Come on, give some credit to yourself,love...And I won't  stop convincing until you agree..."he added with a smile. Ara laughed weakly as she nodded as her eyes shone with unshed tears.

Just then a voice spoke, "As much as I hate to interrupt your whatever sessions, I think you both will miss a wonderful party and Molly's delicious food if you don't come down soon." Remus said in a humorous tone, grinning as they looked at him. Ara just shook her head and stepped aside as Sirius pouted, "Moony, you really had to tell that now. Didn't you?" "Well I am a marauder for a reason ain't I?" Both of them smiled to each other and Sirius turned to Ara.

"So let's go and ask Harry's friends to date each other?" He asked as he walked to open the door for her. She looked startled and said, "Oh no no. Sirius! Ron's whole family is here. Poor one.. Please don't tease them. Please...please...please..." she was standing on her toes staring at Sirius with wide eyes. He couldn't help but smile, "Alright, let's eat and congratulate them" She smiled happily as she followed him.

They reached down and saw that Mrs. Weasley had hung a scarlet banner
over the heavily laden dinner table, which read"Congratulations
Ron and Hermione — New Prefects." She looked in a better mood
than they had seen her all holiday.
“I thought we’d have a little party, not a sit-down dinner,”she told
Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny as they entered the
room. “Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I’ve sent them both
owls and they’re thrilled,” she added, beaming.

Ara made her way to them and pulled them both to a quick hug,"Congratulations you two. I think its wonderful you'll be together in prefect duties. Its always easier with someone comfortable. " she smiled as they both nodded. Ron's ears were red from embarrassment as everyone congratulated him. She slightly released them and added softly, "Protect Harry,will you?" They both noddedand Ron said. "We'll do it always. And now we're prefects,its easier." Ara smiled and nodded. Then she went to sit as Harry pulled her between himself and Sirius.

"Hey let the girl sit with us sometime " Tonks whined. "Nah! She is ours. You get your own seat. And you can always sit beside Remus." Harry said. Remus sighed and said,"Sirius, you're rubbing off on him."

"Thats my boy" Sirius put an arm behind Ara to pat Harry's shoulder grinning proudly. "If that's the case you both will have a great time controlling Harry along with the twins." Remus said eyeing Ron and Hermione. Ron merely shrugged while Hermione looked horrified. Both Sirius and Harry said "Hey, am not that bad" and everyone laughed.