Part 28

"ENOUGH" Roared Sirius. Ara jumped away first as all 3 kids fell silent. "Harry, Ron... just listen to yourself. I mean with all that we, you and us, are going through, how could you expect her to warn you about a quidditch banter? What's gotten into you Harry? She reminds you everyday to keep your mouth shut. If you had done that, this would not have happened. I admire you standing up for the Weasleys. But take the punishment also in stride. Ron, Malfoy is a spoiled brat. Don't take a word of his to your heart. But please stop questioning Ara. I mean she is the last person involved in this." 
Harry looked extremely guilty as he peered to look at Ara. " Er.. am sorry Ara. its just... quidditch is my life. Now a lifelong ban..." "One year" Ara corrected. " No Ara she.." "No Harry. The Defence teacher will change next year. So her Lifetime ban is one year ban." all kids smiled at that. "Still, I should not have gotten angry at you.." "Hey, its okay Kiddo. I never understood how important quidditch is. Maybe I can watch you playing sometime." Ara smiled. "Of course " they all agreed. " Erm... Ron, er.. can I say something?" "yeah, am not angry at you Ara. I was a lousy keeper anyway." he said dejectedly. He was unnaturally quiet until then. Ara sighed as she started, " You know Malfoy is.....er... like he said, a spoiled brat. And I despise him for his actions. But there is a reason he is jealous of you, Ron." "Jealous ?" Ron looked up. "Of Ron?" Hermione asked. "Yes. because Ron has everything that he wants but can't have." Ara smiled.

Ron scoffed. "Ara, the Malfoys can buy the whole Ministry. There is nothing Malfoy wants but can't have." Ara smiled, "Is that so?  How about .... friendship? Like the friendship you three share, not like Crabbe or Goyle?  and..... A loving Family that has sons and daughters unlike heirs and heiresses? where family eats home cooked food in loud funny environment unlike elf made formal silent dinners at the table kids? When caught guilty kids get howlers not torture curses?" The trio stared as her words entered their minds. " I am not supporting what he did. But he.... he is expected to behave so. pity him. Don't let it ruin your mood, Ron.  You are going to be a great quidditch player.  I promise." Ron looked at her hopefully, "You think so." Ara grinned, "I know so."

Harry thumped Ron on the back as he laughed. 

Days went by and Harry was telling about the last DA meeting before holidays. "Its wonderful. They have all improved like lot. I am so happy." Ara asked, "And this happiness has nothing to do with an East Asian?" Harry turned bright red as Sirius raised an eyebrow. " We are happy for you Harry. If it is what you want. And Hermione, keep an eye on her friend. Margaritta? No... Marie.... I cant remember." Hermione frowned. Sirius smirked, "So did you two.... snog?" Harry blushed furiously as Hermione giggled and Ron answered eagerly. "Yeah. In Room of Requirements." "Well that is a very .....particular requirement." sirius said as Ron Ara and Hermione laughed and Harry spluttered incomprehensieve something. 

"Well its really late. I guess I'll go back to my dorm. Ara, are you guys going to the burrow? For Christmas? Harry will be there as well." Hermione said as all faces fell. "I don't know, Hermione. I'll see you later I guess. Goodnight." Ara mumbled. "Oh, I... well... Goodnight." She left looking guilty. "Ron, write to your mother asking if your dad is home ok? Just vaguely. Dont make it suspicious, but..." "Yeah I remember Ara, I already sent a letter. Ginny sent one too. Thanks I guess." "Hmmm...I hope they listen to us." "Don't worry. Mom wont let him out. Will tie him up if needed. She takes safety seriously, like very seriously. " Ron laughed as Harry added. "Well Ron gets his protectiveness from his mom." Ron smacked Harry's head as everyone laughed. They all bid goodnights and went to sleep. 

As Ara silently let out a sigh Sirius said, "Tonks will be here soon and Remus." Ara looked up at him. "You aren't asleep." "Couldn't." Ara nodded as she got up. Sirius followed to find her sitting with Tonks and nodding distractedly to her poor attempts at diverting attention. "I hope he listens to our warning. She will blame herself otherwise." Sirius whispered to Remus who nodded. "And Arthur is a great guy. He shouldn't have to suffer that." Remus said sternly as Sirius agreed. Time ticked by and everyone were half asleep by dawn as the voice of Phineas Nigellus rang through the house. "The last living descendant of my family..... The current headmaster wants to inform you that  Arthur Weasley has been gravely injured and that his wife, children and Harry Potter will be arriving at this house shortly."

All of them were frozen for a second, but Ara ran up to the portrait so fast she knocked Remus on the way. The others shared a look of bewilderment before sprinting after her.

To say Sirius was startled was an understatement. Sirius and Remus watched horrified as Ara shouted to the portrait of Phineas Nigellus. "You tell him he will have to answer for this. How dare he?" She growled. " WE spend each second worrying, trying to fix his bloody mistakes. And he... he.... Doesn't he care about anyone? Has he no human emotion? Who the hell he thinks he is? To lead others like..... Hagrid, Remus, Mr Podmore and now.... Mr Weasly to danger and even death. Why? WHY? WHY? " Ara shrieked. The portrait merely looked at her and said. "Is the message over? Shall I report the headmaster this My Lady?" he added a bow. Ara couldn't decide if he was mocking her or actually respecting her. "Don't bother telling him all that. Its no use at all." She rubbed her temples. "Sirius, you answer the current headmaster."  "Yeah, er tell him I..." he looked at Ara. " That I am disappointed to hear the incident. And that I am delighted to have them here." Phineas nodded as Ara said, "Tell it fully." "I give the message as such, My lady." he looked affronted yet bowed before he left. 

" That was odd. He is one of the most ... er ... rude ones of my forefathers." Sirius rubbed his chin as he thought. "Well maybe he was mocking. I don't know.." Ara shrugged. "And We have other things to worry about,Padfoot" Remus added to which Sirius nodded and they all came back to kitchen and waited anxiously for the bunch of teenagers.

Hey my dear readers..... so my account keeps getting crashed whenever I try to use it in my mobile. Any idea how to fix it?

It took ages to just publish it. Thank God I already had it typed.

Take care, you all...

Read Vote Comment... Please..