Part 33

Sirius went about the house and saw Ara  looking at the family tree. He joined her and whispered, "Am sorry I .... I am related to them." Ara jumped slightly. She smiled at him and shook her head. "I.... I was thinking about your brother. If ....If only I came earlier..." she sighed. "Shhhh... you are here now. Thats what it matters." "But I can,t help anyone. Harry hates me. I..." Sirius took her hand and said, "Whatever he said, He didn't mean it. I don't know about you, but I shouted stupid things that I regret later a lot during his age. Remus was really forgiving and Prongs was worse than me,until Lily came. Ara, That kid loves you  more than anybody else. and thats it. You both deserve it. " Ara shifted uncomfortably. '' "I just want to be a part of that Ara. Just that." Ara turned around and said "You are. You already are the most importantpart of Harry’slife and... mine too." she blushed slightly.

Sirius looked at her for a long moment and said, "I wanted to do it differently. I am scared out of mind about this. I think I will never actually do it if not now. I.....I ... I feel this is the second worst thing I have ever done my life. But... me being the reckless idiot I am, " he paused and stepped back pulling out something from his pocket "I asked Harry, Remus and Dora in respective order. Please don't refrain on their behalf. But.... er... also don't agree just out of......I don't know.... don't answer for me or anyone else. But... please be honest with me Ara. I am really ... Oh Merlin..." 

He turned back and muttered something as Ara continued to stare at him confused as to what was happening. She gently called, "Sirius?" Next second Sirius was in front of her, on his knees, one hand held hers and in the other he held out a very beautiful pair of rings. Ara audibly gasped. 

"Please Ara... I... I can't....I just can't live without you. I ... I never thought I would settle... too reckless... too impatient.. I know ... I know you have been through more than I could imagine. And I have practically nothing to offer you. I don't know if I would ever walk freely out of this hell. But please... just give... give me a chance to love you Ara. Allow me to make you smile. Please Ara... I " he was literally sobbing tears flowing freely as he finally raised his head to face her.

She was crying too. "I.... I can't Sirius. " Sirius let both his hands fall as he closed his eyes. "I can't do this to you." She whispered. "Do .... do this to me?"
He looked almost angry. Ara nodded. "I ... I was already married. Sirius... I .. I am not what you want. I am too.... damaged... broken. I can't keep you happy. Once all this is over you can get ... I  don't know ... any girl. You can marry a witch. I... I don't even have magic. Why would you want me?" Ara was practically shouting.

Sirius took her hands again to which she tried to pull off. He held firm and said, "Ara look at me. Look at me, love." She reluctantly met his eyes. "I... I don't care about your past. I...I know it wasn't a great life. And... I don't want the past. I  need your... our future,Ara. You, me and Harry. I... I don't want any other...er... witch." He rolled his eyes. "And you have all the magic in the world, love. I feel it. All I want to be happy is your smile,love. You don't have to give me anything. "  He took a deep breath, "But if you don't want me, I can understand. I ... I am pretty much ... tough to handle. But ... you do it so well love. And call me selfish, but I want to be with you. All I ask is a chance, my love. Just a chance to love you... Please, Ara."

Ara was staring at him silently crying but was not saying anything. He moved closer to her, his face a few millimeters apart ,their noses almost brushing and murmured.  "Just one chance... my love... please." Ara shut her eyes tightly as she let out a sob. "Yes...." she whispered back and Sirius closed the distance meeting their lips. Ara froze and He almost pulled back seeing her unresponsive when he felt her trembling hands move behind his neck and her soft lips move with his. A few moments (or was it a lifetime?)  a loud whoop made them jump apart.

Tonks was jumping up and down and Remus was smiling behind shaking his head at Dora's antics. Sirius grinned at them and turned to find Ara looking so close to how Lily looked on being caught by McGonagall after curfew with James. She was blushing so deep and not meeting anyone's eyes. Sirius just laughed and pulled her in a hug.

"Go away. Nobody makes my fiance uncomfortable. " he said smugly.  "Fiance?" Said Remus and Tonks together. Sirius nodded still holding Ara in an embrace. "I wanted it proper. I mean I am pretty over the age to be having a silly passing crush. I wanted her to know that I want a future with her. A family. With My love." Ara had buried her face into his chest yet he could see her blush traveling down her neck as she hugged him tighter. Resisting the urge to kiss her again, he asked them. "Meeting over then?"

At this Ara emerged, "Meeting? Is Severus here?" "Yes. He was just leaving." Tonks answered. Ara rushed to her room and came back with a packet. She stopped near Sirius and panted,"I... Severus... Christmas...gift..." and ran away.

Sirius followed quickly. Tonks ran into Ara's room grinning madly and Remus slowly made to the living room.

Snape was at the door when Ara all but fell at his feet. His face was empty as he steadied her but Sirius noted his eyes soften as he watched her, much like Remus, he noticed curiosly. 

"Are you well, little one? He asked. She smiled fully as she brought out her parcel. "Am sorry I couldn't get anything better. Um... you van throw it away. I ... just...well... Merry Christmas. "  she finished sheepishly.
"Thank you little one. It is very thoughtful. I would never throw it away. And... Merry Christmas to you too."

Sirius stared as Snape actually smiled. Smiled. Then he turned to Sirius and sneered. Sirius merely grinned and raised his hands, "Just wanna wish you a happy Christmas. " as the silence continued,  he took a step forward and sighed. " Look I....."

But Snape's eyes widened as he looked at Sirius. He quickly looked at Ara's fingers and gaped at the ring. Ara blushed again and stuttered," He...er.... just now...he...I...we..." Snape gently patted her head and said, "Congratulations. " Ara still blushing mumbled a thanks as he turned to Sirius.  "Black, these are..." Sirius nodded, "the original family rings."

"They are very powerful and protective. We will both feel if the other is in danger. I...I thought it is...er...now..." he stammered to Ara.
Ara thought about it as she nodded. "I think this is...good?" She looked at Snape who gave a curt nod. He turned to leave but looked back at both of them as he added to Ara, "You are blessed. Little one. Blessed. "
With that he left as Sirius once again wrapped her in his arms.

HEY DEAR READERS.....

Read Vote Comment.... please....

Should I stop writing this? Too clingy and cliche?

Well... take care all you....