Part 18

They all looked up as Mad-Eye Moody stumped in.  “Oh, Alastor, I am glad you’re here,” said Mrs. Weasley brightly, as Mad-Eye shrugged off his traveling cloak. “We’ve been wanting to ask you for ages — could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what’s inside it? We haven’t wanted to open it just
in case it’s something really nasty.”
“No problem, Molly . . .”
Moody’s electric-blue eye swiveled upward and stared fixedly
through the ceiling of the kitchen.
“Drawing room . . .” he growled, as the pupil contracted. “Desk in
the corner? Yeah, I see it. . . . Yeah, it’s a boggart. . . . Want me to go
up and get rid of it, Molly?”
“No, no, I’ll do it myself later,” beamed Mrs. Weasley.

“You have your drink. We’re having a little bit of a celebration, actually. . . .” She gestured at the scarlet banner. “Fourth prefect in the family!” she said fondly, ruffling Ron’s hair. “Prefect, eh?” growled Moody, his normal eye on Ron and his magical eye swiveling around to gaze into the side of his head. Harry had the very uncomfortable feeling it was looking at him and moved closer
toward Sirius.

“Well, congratulations,” said Moody, still glaring at Ron with his
normal eye, “authority figures always attract trouble, but I suppose Dumbledore thinks you can withstand most major jinxes or he wouldn’t have appointed you. . . .”
Ron looked rather startled at this view of the matter but was saved the trouble of responding by the arrival of his father and eldest brother.
Mrs. Weasley was in such a good mood she did not even complain that they had brought Mundungus with them too; he was wearing a long overcoat that seemed oddly lumpy in unlikely places and declined the offer to remove it.

“Well, I think a toast is in order,” said Mr. Weasley, when everyone
had a drink. He raised his goblet. “To Ron and Hermione, the new
Gryffindor prefects!”

Harry had the biggest smile on his face as he watched his best friends and clapped loudest.

Ara was quick to fix plates for Harry and Sirius as everyone moved around to get food. She turned to find Tonks putting a plate for herself along with Ara and talking brightly to Lupin as Sirius stared between them amusedly. Her hair was tomato-red and waist length today.
"Do you think she looks like Ginny’s older sister now?" Ara whispered to Harry as she sat down. Harry who was busy stuffing himself with various foods   answered," Yeah,she looks pretty." And soon turned crimson.

Ara turned to look at him quizzically but didn't tell anything. However his godfather suddenly asked, not so softly, "Who looks pretty Harry?" Harry choked his food as Ara thumped his back and answered, "Oh don't worry, just your dear cousin. And I must say I agree with him. You look very gorgeous with long hair Tonks." Tonks smiled brightly and said,"Thanks ..I like it too. See.." she flipped her hair. "Really ? Cousin... I don't think red is your color. Moony,  You think she's pretty?" "Yes," he agreed quickly and turned red with embarrassment, "I mean....ergh.....she is...good.... the hair..." Tonks looked at Remus to find him flustered and turned to Sirius, "Oh we all know what look would you call pretty Cousin of mine" she smirked challengingly. "Ohh and what might that be?" Sirius smirked as he challenged back.
Tonks kept her eyes on Sirius as she swiftly turned into a copy of Ara. Sirius looked at her for a second and looked away, Cheeks red. Harry was calling Ara who was staring at Tonks with her eyes wide  and hands over her mouth. Sirius turned to her and held her close as he glared at Tonks. Just as he opened his mouth, she quickly changed back to herself and was apologizing. Ara blinked rather rapidly and said something. "Um...sorry.Didn't hear that.." Tonks turned to Sirius. He slowly lowered her hands a little and stroked her hair as he asked,"Are you alright,love?"
She was still staring at Tonks as she mumbled, "That....that...that was wow.." Tonks laughed loud,"Thanks dear". Sirius smiled softly as Ara turned to him. She looked apologetic and said,"Sorry,I just got..." "scared. Its okay,Ara. Tonks has that effect." Ron said shaking his head as Harry nodded in agreement. Ara smiled  at Tonks who was looking quite pleased with herself.
"Really Tonks, thats incredible magic.. You made even me look goo...erm...look okay. Thats great." Ara was looking at Tonks with such great admiration.
"Oh you will look quite pretty in more... er... fashionable clothes. We'll try sometime. Hey, I will buy you my kind of dresses...Then we will dress similar and I will change into you and trick people...ooh it will be fun...and we can...." Tonks was planning on and on as Remus gently said, "I think She is not much of a prankster...Tonks" Tonks waved it off..."I can help her... " "No" Remus said.
Ara smiled at both of them bickering. Sirius took her hand and smiled. "They will make a good couple,don't you think ?"She whispered. "And good children too."he grinned back. Ara stifled a laugh and nodded.
Just then Harry stood up telling goodnight and leaving. Ara watched him leave and suddenly looked around, "where is Molly?" She asked. "She went to get rid of the boggard.." the Twins started as Ara paled,"oh God! I forgot..Harry... He need not see that." She ran after Harry calling him to stop. Sirius and Remus quickly followed.
They saw Harry entering the drawing room and Ara was practically flying towards him.