Part 13

"Ara" Sirius called softly. "Mm.. Enga... Yaar..." again she was in her mother tongue. Sirius sighed. He waited and silently took a cup of water near her. She grabbed it and drank shakily spilling all over.
Sirius noticed her shaking and asked, "cold?" she nodded. He suddenly remembered Madam Pomfrey's words and took the warm water soaked cloth. Even as he wiped her, her lips were turning blue. "Sirius..." she called faintly. "Yes, love... Am right here. You'll be alright. I'm here" he said while dabbing her forehead. "Harry?"  she asked.
" Right here. Lady.. " Remus's voice came from the door." Oh my God! Ara... ARA.... no... No... " he ran to her."Sirius.. What the hell happened? "
Sirius opened his mouth, but Ara said, "just a small joke gone slightly wrong. I will be alright soon. Don't worry Remus. And it was not him." she added, smiling at Remus.

And she fainted again. Sirius cursed loud and checked her temperature. She was burning. He quickly switched the clothes. Remus stared open mouthed. "Poppy said she might have cold and heat attacks.. Said to do this"  Sirius explained, not taking an eye off her.
"Why don't you put some ice pack?" Harry asked standing behind Sirius. "ice pack?" Sirius asked just as Remus conjured some ice and covered it in cloth and started messaging her foot.

"Hi Harry, I am so relieved to have you here. I have been begging Dumbledore for ages. Am sorry about... "
"Its fine Sirius. Am fine. Am here now. Remus told me everything. You better concentrate on her. I don't want my savior in danger, do I?" Harry laughed.
They continued tending to Ara's attacks and after some time, Harry yawned. "Get some sleep Harry and some food" Sirius immediately said. "No I wanna thank her" he protested.
"You can when she wakes up. We don't know how long it will be.. " Sirius voice was strained.
" How long has she been...? "he asked.
" Since breakfast on your birthday" both Remus and Harry looked worried. "She'll be alright. Soon" Sirius assured. "come on Harry. You can meet her tomorrow morning." Remus told him. Harry nodded and got up.
Sirius hesitated for a moment and then Remus grabbed the cloths and continued wiping the forehead.
Sirius followed Harry and hugged him tight. "Am really sorry Harry. I have no way out for now. As soon as my name gets cleared, we will fix everything. I mean it. You understand?"
"I do, Sirius. And am really OK. I mean that mirror really helped. I am not sure I would have stayed in that house otherwise " he shrugged.
" that was her idea too " sirius muttered.
" what? You did not want to " Harry started.
" No No.. I didn't know how to get you something. She suggested that I give it to you through Kreacher. Of course I wanted to give it to you Harry. " He looked offended.
" Right, sorry " Harry said sheepishly.
"Hmmm.. Go and rest. We'll talk later. Okay.. Sleep well Harry"  Sirius smiled.
"Yeah Good night " he ran off.
As he returned, he saw Kreacher had appeared with food." Thank you, Kreacher. Go and sleep. "
" Kreacher wish Master will eat and sleep too " he said with a bow."I will, Kreacher, I will" he dismissed the elf with a wave.
" You have been here since she... ?" Remus asked.
" Yes. What else could I do? Poppy did what she could and Albus is afraid to do anything. All I could do was to wait, right?" Sirius said.

"Merlin! You're... You're.. Oh.. Sirius. You are in love. This is great.... Wow." Sirius frowned seeing Remus smile.

"But she will never love me. It will always be..." he trailed off.
"What? You think she loves someone else?"  Sirius rolled his eyes and nodded. 
"I do not think so. If she told you that, I think she might be trying to get you to move on.." Remus said seriously.
"And why would she want me gone? " Sirius raised an eyebrow.

" She is afraid of relationships, Padfoot. She had a terrible past. " Remus sighed."she told me some of the things and I can understand if she decides against having a relationship for now. If you need her,you will have to take it really, really slow.. And show her you will be there for ever. It won't be easy to win her."

"But she speaks so easily to you Moony" Sirius looked at him.

"That's because I believed her since beginning and I never raised my voice. Also, Apparently the books she read made me look like a gentleman and she said she always considered my... Character as a brother figure. " He smiled.
Sirius felt his chest lighten and he too smiled." I will be for her. Forever. " he said.
" Good, Padfoot. But now, get some sleep. No matter what you think, Ara will not be happy seeing you like this. It's almost midnight. And even though she's scared of you, yes she is, she cares about you. And she's not scared of me, so I will be on the receiving end of her anger. So please get some sleep. "

Sirius shook his head laughing slightly. Then curled up in the chair. Remus looked at him and smiled.

He continued dabbing her forehead for a few more hours. Just as the first rays of sun entered the room, Ara's skin started changing. Remus hesitated for a moment. But sent a patronus to Albus. They might need poppy here. 

As soon as her appearance changed to normal, she sat up soon. " Harry" she panted. "Ara" Sirius jumped. Remus silently gave her some water. As her hands shook, sirius took it and held her close as he helped her drink it. She drank it and lied back on his shoulders, closing her eyes, relaxed. Sirius silently stroked her hair, "how do you feel, love?" he asked her softly. She smiled as she answered, "am fine.."  and she opened her eyes to meet Remus's, whose eyebrows were raised and had a knowing smile. She blushed deep red and tried to jump up. Both sirius and Remus firmly held her back. "Oh please, I was watching all night him tending for you." Remus smiled.
"You did? " she turned to sirius.
"That's what I saw. From what I heard, he never left your side. He was right here for two full days, huh, Padfoot ? "
Now it was Sirius who was bright red. He mumbled something they couldn't hear. "Oh... THANK YOU... I mean... you didn't have to.." Ara was struggling with words. Sirius turned her and gently placed her leaning on comfortable pillows. "I wanted to" He told her. She looked down and nodded.
" Harry? " she asked wide eyed looking at Remus.
" Right here. Well and fine. He wants to thank you in person. " Remus smiled.