Part 24

Ara stirred slightly and cried as if hurt. "Slowly, love. Please take it slow." Sirius murmured softly as she relaxed. He gently laid her down and moved stray hairs from her face. Then he gave her a potion for pain which she took gratefully.

"Now, what do you want,love? If you want to freshen up, I.. I will wait for you and then... er.. food.. yes. Then we can have food. How about that love?"

Ara was fumbling with her fingers and didn't look at Sirius as she nodded. Sirius moved closer and asked, "What's wrong love?"
She hesitated before saying, "I... er... I want to freshen up.... but.. I..um.. is Tonks here?" Sirius raised his eyebrows, "I don't know. Just a second I will look if she is here" Just as Sirius moved Ara jumped up,"No ..I....I "
Sirius looked at her worried, "Tell me, love".

Ara moved closer and whispered, " I ...I don't want to be alone...I am so" Sirius kept a finger on her lips to silence her,again. He gently wiped a stray tear as he murmured, "You will never be alone,never. " He held her close and opened the door.

But they both stared surprised to find a very angry Kreacher seething at a furious Dumbledore. Tonks was snickering behind and Remus was hiding a smile very poorly.

Sirius looked at the scene and cleared his throat. Dumbledore turned to look at them and soon his eyes were on Ara,who backed into Sirius as he put an arm around her.

Dumbledore took a moment to calm himself and said, "Ah Ara, my girl. It is wonderful to see you are alright." All eyes except Ara's (which were closed as she leant on Sirius) widened. "Alright?" Tonks croaked. As far as they could see, the girl was far from alright. She looked haunted, her hair was dirty and cut in very ugly ways, there were scars all over and so on.

Sirius eyes were burning. Dumbledore ignored all this as he looked at Ara, "Now, I want to talk with you, alone." He made a movement towards Ara when Sirius held her back. He ignored the headmaster as he turned fully to face Ara and gently lifted her chin. "You have nothing to fear Ara. If you don't want to talk to him, it's okay. Just tell me what you want. Anything is okay. Tell me,love." Ara met his eyes and said, "I... er... will you stay with me?while I...I tell  him?" Sirius nodded,"Of course, love." He gestured to Dumbledore, "After you, headmaster."

Dumbledore didn't look pleased but walked to the living room. Sirius gently guided Ara after. " I would like to know how you ....ah.... caused this mishap, Ms Iyer. " Dumbledore appeared very disappointed while saying this. Sirius fumed at him, "How? How she? What do you mean, Albus?" He put both arms around her. Ara whispered, " She thought I was some... some...some muggle crying over heartbreak. B-B-Bellatrix... she took me away. But.. but they didn't know anything. They didn't ask anything. I...I... They don't know I know about magic. T-Th-They t-take muggles....no...she takes muggles very often. Please... I never... I didn't...nothing... I..I  sware."

Sirius held Ara closer as Dumbledore asked, "Did you meet Lord Voldemort, Miss Iyer?" Sirius eyes widened. "No" Ara shook her head. "Very well. That is very relieving indeed. But, I insist you need to stop these ..... these ventures. I will see you later." He eyed them both and left hurriedly.

Sirius didn't loosen his grip as Remus and Tonks came in. "Hey, what can we do?" Tonks asked while Remus was fighting to hold back tears.

Ara slowly raised her head and looked at Tonks, "Can you...er...I..." Tonks turned to Sirius as he sighed. "She... er... I think she might need some help cleaning up. Is that it, love?" "If that's OK for Tonks. I don't want to.." Tonks grinned as she said, "Hey what are besties for? Come on.." She gently helped Ara up. "If you're falling again, please fall alone, Dora" They turned to see Sirius smirking. Remus smacked his head. Tonks shook her head and guided Ara chatting away.

Sirius and Remus waited till the girls came down. Ara walked to sit near Sirius and Tonks hopped over to Remus grinning widely.

Kreacher brought a lot of food and was crying and laughing together leaving Ara bewildered. As Ara struggled to calm the elf, the men noted how better Ara really was. Her hair was grown back, but in a different style Sirius thought it suited her. She looked very better too.

After coaxing Kreacher to get some rest, Ara turned to others and looked embarrassed. "Er... I... um.. why didn't you all eat yet?" She wondered.

"Oh we were waiting for head of the house to start," Tonks started "who, by the way, was appreciating my beauty enhancement skills." She winked. Sirius and Remus were still looking at Ara as she laughed, "Geez Tonks, does this er... overconfidence run in the family?" She laughed.

"Am afraid so, dear" Remus sighed a bit over dramatically. Sirius merely smiled and ser up a plate for Ara, "Please eat,love." He said softly. She whispered her thanks and everyone started eating. After sometime, Ara slowly whispered to Sirius, "Are you ok?" He raised his eyes and asked, "How do you handle this,love? I...I don't understand." Ara looked away and said, "This.... what happened is... is not new. I...I have been...before..." Sirius stilled like a statue. Ara met his eyes and said, "I... I couldn't even tell anyone then. I had noone. Then my mother died too...I...I was a coward...I...I killed myself Sirius, that's somehow I reached here...I was so lonely....hurt... B-But ... Here... last night... I... I am so so grateful I could talk with you. And Tonks and Remus,  they are very helping. I... I feel... I... like am not alone and... that's much better. I..." Tears were falling freely and they were all watching her intently.

Next second Tonks had climbed over the table and was clutching her tightly. Remus followed and pulled Sirius into the hug. Ara was crying and laughing unable to hear a thing they were are saying.

In her mind, she made a choice then. She will not give up this time. This family she got she will hold close. She smiled.