Part 30

Harry hurried over to the stove to help. He did not want to intrude on the Weasleys' happiness and he dreaded the moment when Mrs. Weasley would ask him to recount his vision. However, he had barely taken plates from the dresser when Mrs. Weasley lifted them out of his hands and pulled him into a hug. "I don't know what would have happened if it hadn't been for you, Harry, " she said in a muffled voice. "They might not have found Arthur for hours, and then it would have been too late, but thanks to you he's alive and Dumbledore's been able to think up a good cover story for Arthur being where he was, you've no idea what trouble he would have been in otherwise, look at poor Sturgis..."

Harry could hardly bear her gratitude, but fortunately she soon released him to turn to Ara and Sirius and thank them for the warning and looking after her children through the night. Sirius said he was very pleased to have been able to help, and hoped they would all stay with him as long as Mr. Weasley was in hospital. "Oh, Sirius, I'm so grateful... they think he'll be there a little while and it would be wonderful to be nearer... of course, that might mean we're here for Christmas."

"The more the merrier!" said Sirius with such obvious sincerity that Mrs. Weasley beamed at him, threw on an apron and began to help with breakfast.

"Ara, Sirius," Harry muttered, unable to stand it a moment longer. "Can I have a quick word? Er - now?" He walked into the dark pantry and they followed. Without preamble, Harry told his godfather every detail of the vision he had had, including the fact that he himself had been the snake who had attacked Mr. Weasley. When he paused for breath, Sirius said, "Did you tell Dumbledore this?" "Yes," said Harry impatiently, "but he didn't tell me what it meant. Well, he doesn't tell me anything any more."

"I'm sure he would have told you if it was anything to worry about," said Sirius steadily as Ara frowned unseen behind him. "But that's not all," said Harry, in a voice only a little above a whisper. "Sirius, I... I think I'm going mad. Back in Dumbledore's office, just before we took the Portkey... for a couple of seconds there I thought I was a snake, I felt like one - my scar really hurt when I was looking at Dumbledore - Sirius, I wanted to attack him!" He could only see a sliver of Sirius's face; the rest was in darkness. "It must have been the aftermath of the vision, that's all," said Sirius. "You were still thinking of the dream or whatever it was and –" "It wasn't that," said Harry, shaking his head, "it was like something rose up inside me, like there's a snake inside me."

"You need to sleep," said Sirius firmly. "You're going to have breakfast, then go upstairs to bed, and after lunch you can go and see Arthur with the others. You're in shock, Harry; you're blaming yourself for something you only witnessed, and it's lucky you did witness it or Arthur might have died. Just stop worrying." He clapped Harry on the shoulder and left the pantry, leaving Harry standing alone in the dark.

Ara slowly moved closer to him. "Harry, I....I am not able to explain it right now. And am sorry. But know that you are the best person I have ever met in my life. You have a beautiful soul Harry. You can make it through. Just learn to control your mind Harry. No matter how hard it is. Practice it. I think Dumbledore will come up with some help. " She sighed. "And Harry, I truly believe in you, just you. No matter you are James and Lily's son, the Chosen One or anything. You are so good, Harry. And I will be with you, until the end."

Harry rushed forward and hugged her tight. She smiled into his hair and said, "Not sleeping is never a solution to nightmares especially yours. It will make them worse. So come Harry get some sleep." Harry stayed back hesitating. "Harry" she called gently. "Will you stay with me?" He asked timidly. "Of course. Until the end, remember. Now, come." Ara took Harry to her room and made him lay on her lap. In few minutes Harry was out like a light.

Harry enjoyed a refreshing nap and went down not waking Ara finding it was very late, almost noon. Sirius and Remus pulled him aside and they chatted nonchalantly about random topics. Their trunks arrived from Hogwarts while they were eating lunch, so they could dress as Muggles for the trip to St Mungo's. Everybody except Harry was riotously happy and talkative as they changed out of their robes into jeans and sweatshirts. 

When Mad-Eye turned up to escort them across London, they greeted them gleefully, laughing at the bowler hat Mad-Eye was wearing at an angle to conceal his magical eye and assuring him, truthfully, that Tonks, whose hair was short and bright pink again, would attract far less attention on the Underground. 

Soon after they left Remus took leave too and Sirius sat in silence deep in thought. After a while a still sleepy Ara came down and wordlessly pointed to his hand timidly. He chuckled and pulled her close. "Sleep, my love. They might take longer.. I will wake you when they come. Promise. Sleep Ara, it has been ages since you slept. Now Harry is here. Safe. Ara...Please get some sleep.." Ara relaxed next to him and said sleepily, "I feel so sad..." Sirius looked at her and murmured, "Me too, my love. me too..." He slowly brushed his hand over her arm as she fell asleep again.

Hello dear Readers ....

I cant believe I updated so soon...

But I had it written already and couldn't wait any more...

So let me ask you a cruel question.... 

A happy long life with your current partner or a romantic yet tragic life with you fictional love?

Read Vote Comment...... Please