Part 38

it appeared that Sirius's joke turned to be very true. Harry did not call or even respond to their calls for a few days. And then they were met with a grim looking Lupin on early morning who silently handed the Prophet to Ara. 

MASS MUGGLE KILLING ALL AROUND LONDON

 MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS 'RAISING DARK LORD'

Her eyes watered, "I.... I didn't know..." Lupin shook his head. "Its okay Ara. The book you read may not mention everything. I ... I just wanted Sirius to know.. Its really dangerous outside." "Isn't it always, Moony?" sirius asked grimly reading the article. 

"its not that, padfoot. You... You are Harry's strength. Its ... Its like you are the biggest target to Ministry and him. " Remus sighed. "I am not scared Moony. " Sirius's voice hardened. "Well, you should be." Remus muttered. Ara gently put a hand over Sirius's and said, "You should be careful. Its not being brave, its being sensible. " Sirius merely shrugged and went inside.

After few days, finally  they heard Harry calling, "Hi kids." Ara smiled as Sirius gave a grim smile, "A bit late for checking upon the rising dark lord,  aren't you?" 

Harry's smile vanished as Ara shook her head. Hermione turned to Harry, "Harry? That article was ages ago.. You... Aren't you speaking daily?" Sirius chuckled dully "Daily? Who would want to talk to us daily? Us two stuck in this hell- hole? What do we have to entertain you with? And ... no Ara...don't  stop me.  Why would Harry want to speak with such a useless Godfather?" He finished in an unexplainable tone. Ara facepalmed muttering something.

Harry's face reddened as he yelled back, "Well, all you do have to tell is blame me and give advice isn't it? And you wnder why I don't call you. I called so happily to tell about an interview I gave and you start again.." He was cut off by Sirius, "You gave an interview?" Hermine took the mirror, "Yes to The Quibbler. You know.. about what really happened. It reached some people. Well... just some are better than nothing." "Thats great kids, good work. Harry" Ara chirped from behind. Harrys face softened as he muttered a thanks. 

"You could have told me.." Sirius mumbled. "I don't need more restrictions okay? I am sick of all people... Everything is going wrong. Trelawnley sacked. Umbridge is being such a pain... She.... she will fire Hagrid next... And Dumbledore......he.... then there is Snape....I am just fed up.... You ... You won't understand..." Harry's voice was rising word by word as was Ara's eyebrow. "I won't understand? I.... I won't understand how it feels to be left out? how it feels to be controlled? how it feels when all freedom is gone? I.... I am merely blaming and advicing you? " Sirius growled staring at Harry who looked at his feet and looked guilty. But then, he raised his eyes to meet Sirius's and said, "Er... it is true.." 

Sirius jumped up as Ara scurried away. "It is true? It is true?  FINE.... FINE.... Don't .... Dont want to call me? Right? Ok.. break the mirror Harry, if you feel so, break it." Harry gulped and stood up. "HARRY......DON'T" Ara, Hermione and Ron said together. The godson stared into his godfather's eyes, both burning angrily as he let the mirror go."

"Oh God! He.... he realy didn't want to talk to me?" sirius mumbled and turned to Ara to find her already gone. He slid onto the floor unable to take in what hapened.

He woke up hours later and found it was already dark. he sat up and lit the room to find his best mate looking at him. "Moony...how" he croaked. "Tonks called me. She read the interview and came to see Ara and, you know.... She is with her." 

"What have I done, Moony?" Sirius mumbled. Remus sighed audibly. "I won't sugarcoat this, Padfoot. You went too far and Harry was no better. All you can do now, as you should have earlier, is listen to Ara. She cares too much. " Sirius eyes stung as he felt his heart shrink. "Clean yourself up, we are going down." "But Moony.." "SHUT UP and do it, Padfoot." Sirius hurried over.

They went down and found Ara lying in a heap of blankets as Tonks held her hand. "Ah here comes your stupid lover.." Tonks rolled her eyes. Ara gently hit her."Don't say that. You are cousins "
"You shouldn't be defending him on this... " Remus said. "Am not.." she muttered as she dug deeper into the blankets. Both Tonks and Remus rolled their eyes together. "Oh dear, sometimes I think you are too kind" Tonks said grinning. "He just needs love." Ara whispered. Tonks made kissing noises as Remus snorted, " Sorry to say this but sometimes...er...many times he needs a big slap over his head." Ara smiled as Sirius finally opened his mouth, "He is here and thinks my darling fiancee is right. I just need you, love. " Ara turned red as Tonks made loud, obnoxious kissing noises as Remus pinched his noise ," Now you have brought him completely back to his self. And I was hoping to have some serious- don't you dare say it , padfoot- talk to him."
They continued their playful banter and tonks left next morning.

Remus visited them almost everyday updating them on the world and specifically hogwarts .

The days dragged on.

Hey my dear readers...
So the mirror is broken....so is my heart....

I wonder how Ara is hiding all her pain...

And how are you all?

Read Vote Comment

Love you all....