Part 27

"Hi," Sirius said, grinning.
"Hi," chorused Harry, Ron, and Hermione, all three Hubbed together.

"How're things?" said Sirius.
"Not that good," said Harry. "The Ministry's forced through another decree, which means we're not allowed to have Quidditch teams —"
"— or secret Defense Against the Dark Arts groups?" said Ara.
There was a short pause. "How did you know.... oh... yeah.. you could have told me?" Harry demanded. "I gave a clue..  and I didn't want to cause it. Well, you did it on your own." She smiled at Hermione who smiled back.

" And choose your meeting places more carefully," said Sirius, grinning still more broadly. "The Hog's Head, I ask you . . ."
"Well, it was better than the Three Broomsticks!" said Hermione defensively. "That's always packed with people —"

"— which means you'd have been harder to overhear," said Sirius.
"You've got a lot to learn, Hermione." Sirius said as Ara glared at him from behind. "Who overheard us?" Harry demanded. "Mundungus, of course," said Sirius, and when they all looked puzzled he laughed. "He was the witch under the veil." "That was Mundungus?" Harry said, stunned. "What was he doing in the Hog's Head?"

"What do you think he was doing?" said Sirius impatiently. "Keeping an eye on you, of course."  "I'm still being followed?" asked Harry angrily. "Yeah, you are," said Sirius, "and just as well, isn't it, if the first thing you're going to do on your weekend off is organize an illegal defense group."
But he looked neither angry nor worried; on the contrary, he was looking at Harry with distinct pride.

"Why was Dung hiding from us?" asked Ron, sounding disappointed. "We'd've liked to've seen him." "He was banned from the Hog's Head twenty years ago," said Sirius,
"and that barman's got a long memory. We lost Moody's spare Invisibility Cloak when Sturgis was arrested, so Dung's been dressing as a witch a lot lately. . . . Anyway . . . First of all, Ron — I've sworn to pass on a message from your mother." Ara stifled a laugh at this.

"Oh yeah?" said Ron, sounding apprehensive.
"She says on no account whatsoever are you to take part in an illegal secret Defense Against the Dark Arts group. She says you'll be expelled for sure and your future will be ruined. She says there will be plenty of time to learn how to defend yourself later and that you are
too young to be worrying about that right now. She also" — Sirius's eyes turned to the other two — "advises Harry and Hermione not to proceed with the group, though she accepts that she has no authority over either of them and simply begs them to remember that she has
their best interests at heart. She would have written all this to you, but if the owl had been intercepted you'd all have been in real trouble, and she can't say it for herself because she's on duty tonight."
"On duty doing what?" said Ron quickly.
"Never you mind, just stuff for the Order," said Sirius. "So it's fallen to me to be the messenger and make sure you tell her I passed it all on, because I don't think she trusts me to."
Ron fiddled with a hole in the hearthrug. "So you want me to say I'm not going to take part in the defense group?" he muttered finally.
"Me? Certainly not!" said Sirius, looking surprised. "I think it's an excellent idea!"
"You do?" said Harry, his heart lifting.
"Of course I do!" said Sirius. "D'you think your father and I would've lain down and taken orders from an old hag like Umbridge?" "But — last term all you did was tell me to be careful and not take risks —" "Last year all the evidence was that someone inside Hogwarts was
trying to kill you, Harry!" said Sirius impatiently. "This year we know that there's someone outside Hogwarts who'd like to kill us all, so I
 think learning to defend yourselves properly is a very good idea!" 

"And if we do get expelled?" Hermione asked, a quizzical look on
her face. "Hermione, this whole thing was your idea!" said Harry, staring at
her. "I know it was. . . . I just wondered what Sirius thought," she said,
shrugging. 
"Well, better ....." Sirius started as Ara cut in, " You wont. I mean you wont be expelled. As long as only those who are truly... erm... trustworthy are involved it should be okay. Just keep us updated on meetings and lessons, will you? and will you show me the galleon, please?". "The galleon?" Harry asked. "ooh... er.. nothing. Hermione, think about how to let others know about each meeting schedule. Ok?' she smiled. Hermione nodded while Harry, Ron and Sirius stared at the women. 

"So," said Sirius, "how are you organizing this group? Where are
you meeting?" "Well, that's a bit of a problem now," said Harry. "Dunno where
we're going to be able to go. . . ." "How about the Shrieking Shack?" suggested Sirius.
"Hey, that's an idea!" said Ron excitedly, but Hermione made a skeptical noise and all three of them looked at her, Sirius's head turning in the flames. "Well, Sirius, it's just that there were only four of you meeting in the Shrieking Shack when you were at school," said Hermione, "and all of
you could transform into animals and I suppose you could all have squeezed under a single Invisibility Cloak if you'd wanted to. But there are twenty-eight of us and none of us is an Animagus, so we wouldn't need so much an Invisibility Cloak as an Invisibility Marquee —"
"Fair point," said Sirius, looking slightly crestfallen. "Well, I'm sure you'll come up with somewhere. . . . There used to be a pretty roomy secret passageway behind that big mirror on the fourth floor, you might have enough space to practice jinxes in there —" "Fred and George told me it's blocked," said Harry, shaking his head. "Caved in or something."
"Oh . . ." said Sirius, frowning. "Well, I'll have a think and get
back to  you" 

"Ara?" Hermione prompted. "You will find the perfect place. This is a good decision, Hermione. Don't worry. Er... until around Christmas, that is. Just keep us updated on what you're doing. Don't go organizing campaigns in Hogs head without telling us." They all nodded seriously as Ara laughed.

"Harry, ask Dobby. I forgot. ... hedwig... never mind" they all stared at Ara. She looked embarrassed. "I mean ... ask Dobby about a place for your group. He can help." "Why can't you tell us?" Ron asked as Hermione swatted his arm. Ara smiled, "I can.... but I won't be able to show you. And I can't exactly remember...what if I messed up the portraits name ... er... it was something barmy...or Barry... no.." She screwed her eyebrows as she thought hard. "Hey, it's okay." Both Harry and Hermione said. "I can ask Dobby. And it's been long since I saw him." Harry grinned. "Me too" Hermione added. 

"Er... Hermione? Can I tell you something... um... those hats.... er... the other elves are abandoning your tower and Dobby is cleaning it fully. Just thought you should know. Am sorry." " Elves hate clothes, Hermione. It's an insult to them." Sirius added gently. Hermione looked crestfallen. All were silent for a second as Ron snored loudly. Sirius barked out a laugh as Ara said, "Well guess it's time to sleep. Harry, meditate  before sleep. Goodnight."
They all (minus an already asleep Ron) mumbled goodnight and went to sleep.

Filler chapter....
Life is soooooo tough.....

But things are gonna get darker and serious......

Love you guys..

Take care...

Read Vote Comment please