Part 22

Ara watched with wide eyes as Padfoot barked loud and ran around and Harry laughing loudly. She stood still at the window, mumbling to herself .. it'll be alright.. he will come back soon.. he will be here soon...
She didn't know how long she stood but the sunlight was too bright for her eyes.  She looked around and ran to look at the clock. It was 1.30pm... She let out a sob as she called, "Kreacher.." the elf was quickly at her side and she asked, "exactly how much time does it take to reach Kings Cross station?" Kreacher thought hard and said "Kreacher is not knowing surely mistress ... but I is thinking like 20 minutes" Ara let tears fall... " Train leaves at 11am.... no.... no... it can't be... Oh my God! This didn't happen...What do I do? What went wrong? Sirius...." she clutched her heart and wiped her eyes.

"OK. Kreacher, you are to stay in the house while I am going to the station. I will just check at the station and come back. If.... er... if he came before me make him stay here,will you? Takecare Kreacher. Protect Sirius always... always..." "Kreacher is look for master Sirius... please mistress" the elf wailed while Ara gently stroked his head and said, " I will be back soon. If he is not there I will inform Remus. Don't worry. I will come soon". Ara stepped out clutching her scarf.

As sun started moving down, Sirius barged in with the biggest smile on his face, "Missed me, love?" He said proudly. On no response he moved to her room hoping to see her asleep and found it empty. Sirius felt his panic rise as he asked Kreacher where Ara was. The elf sobbed hysterically while telling how she went after him and didn't return. Sirius jumped up as Kreacher held him, "Master must not leave..  Mistress told Kreacher to make master stay. Please. Mistress told... oh Kreacher's poor mistress.." Sirius stared at Kreacher. Of course she ensured his safety before leaving. He sent patronuses to many order members one after the other. And silently he fell to the floor.

Dumbledore's Phoenix patronus appeared soon, "stay in the house Sirius. We shall ensure she returns." Sirius sighed. His trust for Dumbledore was crumbling day by day. Ara needed help and he was useless...again. He couldn't help Harry, he couldn't help Ara... He was a complete failure...

Remus rushed in to see Sirius crying uncontrollably on the floor. Silently he hugged his friend. None of them knew what to do.

The sun came up and went down as usual. Sirius and Kreacher spent each moment looking at the door or out of window. Harry and the kids were calling daily, Sirius would mutely shake his head and cut the mirror call.

Then Dumbledore came in one evening. "Ah Sirius..." "Did you get her?" Sirius rushed. "Am afraid not, but we have to hold the meeting as usual and decide next month's guard duty.." Sirius face was unreadable as he nodded.

The meeting went on as usual, with Snapes reports and the usual banter on guard duty. Sirius let his mind wander. But one question caught his attention, "why isn't she here yet?" Sirius jolted to his left to see Snape looking at Dumbledore with his usual face. "Who? What you.." Sirius was cut off by McGonagall. "Albus, what is this?" Her tone made it clear she wanted clear answers, soon.

Albus Dumbledore looked very uncomfortable as he looked at Snape, "I thought it would appear very suspicious if she was rescued soon after you saw her, Severus. It could endanger.." Snape stared blankly as he answered, "Some of them escape, as I already told you. There was no room for suspicion. Muggles find them and rescue them." Albus sighed,"We aren't muggles... if one of us took her..." Sirius was rising but McGonagall and Molly beat him to it. " They will not notice it if we took her the muggle way." McGonagall fumed. "She should be here now. How could you?" Molly had tears in her eyes.

But a loud crash was followed by a loud scream of HELP. All ran out but Sirius reached first to see Tonks holding Ara.... who looked completely broken.  "Ara..." he dashed to her side but just as his fingers brushed her hair, she thrashed around, screaming so loud... "please...please...not anymore... I...I ..please don't touch... it hurts...please...kill me...please...kill me"

Sirius heart clenched as he realized what she went through. She was covered in blood both fresh and dried. Tonks clung on to Remus who didn't push her away. She sobbed as her hair turned a multitude of colors. She sniffed and said, "I will bloody murder her. She... she.. I will kill her." She looked scary with her hair turned blood red. Everyone except Sirius looked at her. "Bellatrix.." she spat. Snape took a step closer and Sirius stepped in between. "She won't make until Madame Pomphrey arrives, Black." Snape said boredly. Mcgonagall placed an arm over Sirius shoulder and moved him slightly.

Sirius watched as Snape poured various  vials into her mouth and some over her wounds. In few moments, Ara relaxed and appeared to be asleep,within a pool of blood. Snape looked at Tonks and said, "she will be.... stable....physically.." Tonks nodded as she said, "I will ensure mentally too." Silently Snape left the room first followed by Dumbledore,who eyed Tonks,"Please inform me when she wakes up dear, we should know what happened." Tonks nodded at him too. McGonagall gently released Sirius and said, "Let me know if you need anything. "

"Mistress must rest. Kreacher is having the room ready." Sirius nodded to the elf and scooped Ara to take her up. He mentally thanked Tonks and Remus who followed silently.

"How did you.." Remus started. Tonks looked unsure as she answered, "I am not sure. One of my muggle cousins found her in an old farmhouse. Didn't know who she was. But took her to the nearest house she knew, which was mine. I... I just said she is a friend and brought her here."

"Thank Merlin she found her and brought her to you." Remus said and she nodded as she watched Sirius put her on the bed.

Sirius stared at the girl as she slept peacefully. He sighed and sat close to the bed, he looked at  her,as if afraid she would disappear again. Ara whimpered lightly as Tonks sat on the bed next to her. Remus sat on the couch looking away. All of them had a pained expression.