Part 25

They all jumped apart hearing Harry's voice upstairs. "Ah Ara, would you like to talk to them? It's okay if.." Ara interrupted Sirius, "No no.. they would have been worried. Oh God I should have called him as soon as I woke Soon..Hey, my dear kiddo" she added as she grabbed the mirror. She met Emerald green eyes filled with tears and he sniffed. "Oh Ara ... am... am so sorry" Ara's eyebrows rose simultaneously as she asked, "What on earth are you sorry for actually? How could you blame yourself Harry?" Harry was sniffing and muttering something. Ara said loud and clear, "It was their fault. Only theirs. Please Harry, don't cry. It's alright. Am alright. Come on kiddo" Harry wiped his eyes over his sleeve. "Ara... yeah.. right. I...just be okay. I.. it's just you and Sirius... just stay safe Ara. I told Sirius also. I... okay..Let me get the others. Hermione and Ginny were having a fit." Ara smiled as he got others.

The mirror was passed on between the kids and Ara tried to convince everyone she was alright. Hermione suggested a lot of potions while Ron promised to bring a lot of sweets when he came. Ginny told her to grab some firewhiskey as apparently, there is nothing that helps like alcohol. Ron was asking out loud,"How do you... how do you know that? You are fourteen... fourteen... Ginny... ". Ginny just grinned ignoring her brother completely. Harry was just quiet only answering when addressed to.

Soon after the conversation was finished(Hermione: "She needs to rest guys!"), Tonks had dragged them all to the large room that Kreacher had cleared up well. Then, she put an arm around Ara and declared, "Sleep over!!" Ara stared,"Er... sleep over what?"

Sirius snorted while Remus joined Ara's other side. "Ara..Sleepover means where friends visit and stay the night. Playing games, telling stories.." Tonks added "Drinking, truth or dare, dancing etc" Ara looked from Tonks to Remus to see both grinning. "Ah yes it's been so long Moony" Sirius smirked too.
Ara shook her head, "So I guess sleeping is actually not much involved?" "Thats right" All three shouted together. "Am not drinking anything alcoholic" Ara mumbling. "Whoa so you are up for everything else. That's wonderful. Let's begin" Tonks screeched jumping over and falling face first. Sirius was laughing openly while Remus helped her up as Ara tried to tell, " that's not what I meant.."

And the 'sleepover' began. There were lots of games, both magical and muggle, drinking (Ara wouldn't touch even butterbeer). Sirius and Remus fought valiantly over a game of exploding snap while Ara and Tonks couldn't place a card properly. Both ladies agreed that the game was not good. Remus merely shook his head at them as Sirius stuck out his tongue.

Both Remus and Sirius protested loudly when Ara truthfully answered that hufflepuff is the best hogwarts house. Tonks jumped up and down, her hair bright yellow. Ara stood her ground and reasoned, "Hufflepuffs are those group who has the best traits and are level-headed. That alone gives them an upper hand. Being humble is different from being weak. It doesn't mean they are not brave. How can you say that when you know Tonks? And Remember goblet of fire? The most magical object chose a hufflepuff champion. Needless to say he was the best in all of Hogwarts. Stop being so judgemental. Just look at you both. " She huffed. Tonks had a stupid grin as she said, "Puffs are the best."

They were all shocked to find that Ara beat or rather smashed them all in wizard's chess. "She beat me" Remus was muttering to himself and "She beat Moony." Sirius was looking at her in awe. Ara was blushing as Tonks trotted over to them and patted their heads, "My bestie is awesome. Get over it boys."

Finally Ara noted that it was nearly dawn and both Tonks and Remus had some works the next day. She gently reminded Remus and the two of them nearly screamed it to the remaining and readied to sleep.

As the lights dimmed Tonks fell asleep the next second. Remus wished others goodnight and settled in another corner(She beat me, goodnight). As Ara made to move, Sirius gently took her hand.

"Stay close,love. Please?" Ara hesitated. "I...Sirius.." He gently moved closer, "Ara, I know you're struggling. Am really happy you are...er...better. But please don't hide from me love. I am struggling too, just in a different way. You really thought I believed you couldn't play exploding snap? That I didn't see the way your hands shook or the way you flinch at slight sounds and touching? I understand my love, I just do. Please.. and... I... I could get some peaceful sleep too. Please..just stay close,love. Please stay. Let us face our fears together. "
Ara hugged him tightly and let the tears fall. He silently took her in his arms and laid her comfortable in a heap of blankets.

The night was long. Both Sirius and Ara had nightmares of their own. They either woke from that or from crying of the other. But they were together and that's what mattered. Ara would gently brush his cheek and jawline murmuring his name and Sirius would relax into sleep. He would press his lips to her forehead and tug her closer to his chest softly assuring that she's safe to lull her back to sleep.

Okay so really short chapter. This is just Ara warming up. She has to evolve and blend into this magical world. Sorry I couldn't update sooner. I was having a lot happening in my life. A bigg Thanks to all who stick to the story. I will try to update as soon as possible. I am excited as to what is to come...Lot more to happen....

(And I personally feel Hufflepuffs are very talented and yet they are so underestimated. All houses are good and together they stand strong. This conversation is just an opinion. We all know each house can be argued as the best.)

Take care all of you my dear readers...

PS: Happy birthday Draco Malfoy aka best looking ferret.... Be good Draco or your father will hear about it
😀😀

 Be good Draco or your father will hear about it😀😀