{14} Pranks

-+ Isabelle +-

I forgot to work on my Charms assignment yesterday, and I have a free period after lunch, so I'll work on it then.

This morning during breakfast, Dumbledore announced the early spring dance Hogwarts is hosting this Saturday.

For once, I'm actually excited.

The only annoying thing is that he announced it four days prior, and now everyone has four days to find dresses, tuxes, and dates.

The last one is not one of my priorities though.

I usually have a lot of fun during a dance, and I don't need a guy to lift my mood.

I do wonder why they host it so early all of the sudden. Most of the time the spring dance is at the end of February, not in the middle of January.

I eat my lunch in the Great Hall with Millie, Hermione, and Harry.

We grabbed some sandwiches from the kitchen and some pumpkin juice too.

"I'm studying in the library, working on my Charms assignment so I'll see you guys in class!" I say as I eat up my sandwich and leave the table.

"Bye!" Hermione calls after me and I turn around and wave at her.

I make my way to the library and once I'm in, I find my favorite table.

This table is way in the back so not a lot of people bother me here, and I always study at this particular table.

The first question we have to answer is why we choose this spell, so that's easy.

I write about why I choose it and about traveling.

This assignment is actually not bad and I enjoy having the freedom to choose whatever spell you want to choose, because that makes it easier to write about.

After 15 minutes I notice Malfoy sitting at some table on the other side of the library and I gulp.

Why is he here? Is he actually making homework? I'd be surprised if he was, but also not, if that makes sense.

I study him for a moment, until he looks up and meets my gaze.

My cheeks grow pink and I focus on my assignment again.

I never would've noticed him a year ago. I would've rolled my eyes, ignored him, or throw an insult at him, but something made him more interesting this year.

To my surprise, he walks over to me and sits on the chair next to me, but I don't look up from my assignment as I say, ''What do you need Malfoy?''

He takes his hand and puts his fingers on my chin, as he makes my gaze meet his.

''Look at me when I'm talking to you.'' He says and I look him up and down.

''You weren't talking.'' I respond and I take his arm and remove it from my skin.

He lets out an annoyed huff and I roll my eyes. ''What do you need, Malfoy?'' I say again and he meets my eyes.

''We have a problem.'' He starts and a frown grows on my face. ''Riddle is now a Death Eater too.'' He continues and I immediately put my hand against his mouth.