{17} Spring Dance

The dress Isabelle is wearing is up here^ :)

A/N: hey everyone don't worry, it's still a Draco Malfoy fanfic! I have a whole storyline with plot twists and all kinds of stuff ready in my head and I expect to write a lot more chapters, so don't worry, trust the progress!

Today is the day of the dance.

I wake up at 11.30 am and I haven't slept this good in a while.

I slowly open my eyes and get used to the sunlight while I hear Millie in the shower.

We made a plan for today. Millie and I are going to Hermione's dorm, and we're going to get ready for the dance with Hermione and Ginny.

Professor McGonagall made an announcement that everyone has to be in the Great Hall at 1 pm. It has probably something to do with Dumbledore's death.

He died only yesterday, but I can already feel the air changing and I have a gut feeling that war is going to start soon, now with Dumbledore out of the way.

I can't help but think about who killed him.

I really don't believe that Malfoy is a killer, but now that he's actually dead . . . I don't know.

''Okay, let's grab our dresses and makeup and everything, and head over to Hermione's dorm to put our stuff there before we leave to the Great Hall.'' Millie says as I watch her walk out of the bathroom.

''I literally just woke up.''

She grins, grabs my wrist, and pulls me out of my bed. ''Well come on then!'' She chuckles and I groan in resistance.

Once she basically forced me out of my warm, comfortable bed, I get into the bathroom and take a quick shower.

As I feel the hot water touching my skin, I feel my body relax.

I don't bother to put on makeup, because we're getting ready for the dance together, so I'm not going to show up with half my makeup done already, so I do my skincare routine, put on some comfortable clothes, and walk out of the bathroom.

''Okay, I'm ready now.'' I say as I meet Millie's eyes and we exchange smiles.

''Good. Grab your dress and your stuff so we can put them in Hermione's dorm already.'' She responds as she walks towards the closet, and I follow her lead.

I walk back into the bathroom and put my makeup in a small bag, then I put on my shoes, grab my dress, and we leave our dorm.

I'm praying to Merlin that we'll walk into as few people as possible, especially in the Gryffindor Common Room. I don't want to spoil my dress, to be honest.

As the Gryffindor Common Room opens, we walk inside and I let out a relieved sigh when I find it empty, besides a few first years.

We make our way to Hermione's dorm and Millie knocks on the door.

''Hi!'' Ginny says as she opens the door and lets us inside.

''Hey!'' I respond as she closes the door again.

''You can hang the dresses in the closet, next to ours, and the makeup bags can be put in the bathroom.'' Ginny says with a satisfied voice and we do as she says.

''Are that Millie and Belle?'' Hermione's voice calls from the bathroom and I meet her eyes as I walk inside to put away my makeup. ''Hey.'' I smile at her and she returns it.

''I'm almost finished, then we can head to the Great Hall.'' She continues and I nod my head as I walk out of the bathroom again.

''Hermione's almost done.'' I say when I sit down on one of the beds.