{20} Back At Zero

I wake up from a nightmare again, this time in the middle of the night.

I'm so scared.

Scared because we got caught, scared for Millie, scared for myself because for some reason I'm still alive, and then there's Finn's death.

There's no way that I can fall sleep again.

I hesitate a lot before I open the bedroom door and make my way down the hallway.

What if someone wakes up?

Just because I'm alive right now, doesn't mean that I will be alive tomorrow.

It's weird, but being threatened with death doesn't scare me anymore.

That's probably because I'm literally living until someone finds me and kills me, because I'm still a target.

They have to know that I won't ever help them to get to Millie, right?

I'd rather die than let Millie go through whatever Finn went through.

If it's true, everything, about them being related and both having powers, then they want something with those powers.

Millie must not know she has them, otherwise she'd tell me and we'd use it when we're bored or want to prank someone.

The powers she has, must be really powerful if Voldemort for some reason wants them, or wants her to use them.

I hope that if she does use them, it's to kill Voldemort.

The floor is cold against my bare feet and I shiver.

I make my way down the stairs, and stop in my tracks when music fills my ears.

It sounds like a piano in the distance, so I follow it and make my way down a hallway I haven't been in before.

The sound seems to come out of a door, which is slightly ajar, and I peek inside.

I quietly open the door a little, and I'm surprised when it doesn't make any sounds.

It's a large room, but the main thing about it is the piano wing that's placed in the middle of it.

Someone's back is turned to me, and I recognize that shade of platinum blond anywhere.

What does that say about me? Don't want to think about it.

I don't dare to make any sounds because I know he'll stop and insult me in some way for sneaking up on him, so I stand against the doorframe.

Listening to him and listening to the music.

He's actually really good.

Does he do this every night? If he does, he must use a silencing spell or something, because I never heard it before, and I wandered around the manor in the middle of the night quite often.

After five more minutes of standing there, he stops.

He gets up and I quickly walk out of sight, but I sigh when I realize I'm too late and he calls after me.

"How long have you been standing there?" His voice calls me back and I take a deep breath and walk back into his sight.

"Not long, you're really good." I respond before I can stop myself, and I mentally punch myself for complimenting him.

"What are you doing here?" He ignores the compliment and I roll my eyes when he isn't looking.

"Couldn't sleep." I respond truthfully and lean against the piano wing as he meets my eyes.