Chapter Ten

After a long day, I finally stepped out of the grand building

After a long day, I finally stepped out of the grand building. I closed my eyes and let my face feel the cool breeze. A slow and long sigh escaped from my mouth. Checking my phone, I take note of the time indicating it was half past six.

I felt like I got nothing done, but I was still rushed off my feet. Sorting my new computer, alongside the emails, and understanding the important stuff; It was all tedious and took a very long time.

When I get into my car, I dialled Sarah's number. Soon after I start to drive off, Sarah picked up.

"Hey, how are you, how was your first day?" She asked straight away, sounding relatively better from when I spoke to her last.

"Hey Sarah, forget me, how's your mum?" I replied ignoring her question.

"She's doing okay, she got discharged from the hospital today, just helping her get around. She's in a bit of pain, but the main thing is she is okay. Now tell me how was your first day."

I pondered on the idea of telling her about the whole situation. She was going to find out somehow, so I thought I'd get it all out in the open.

"Come on... Tell me." Sarah impatiently voiced through the phone.

"Okay, okay." I sighed. "Well, where do I even begin? You'll never guess who my bloody boss is."

"What? Who?" Sarah blurted out.

"New boss is mystery guy. Can you believe it? Alexander Pierce is mystery guy." I exclaimed over the phone.

There was a silence. I could tell Sarah was speechless.

"No way... Stop! I don't believe you." She finally let out.

"I'm not kidding, he is my boss." A slight nervous chuckle withers from me, still not believing the words coming out of my mouth.

Sarah let out a shocked gasp.

"That is actually so crazy. You get to work with that sexy hunk who you shared a night of passion with." Sarah mischievously yelped.

I rolled my eyes, I could feel her devious smile through the phone. "Sarah... Don't remind me. We are to not talk about that night ever again. It was a moment of madness, it should have never happened."

"If you say so." Sarah mischievously said. "Is it not going to be awkward working with him?"

"No it won't, he said to me he's willing to move past it, so am I. He's my boss, I'm his employee that's all."

Sarah stayed silent again. "Hmm okay then, but still, how lucky are you, to be working with an absolute hunk of a guy like that."

"Oh shut it. Anyway I got to go now I've just parked up. I'll have to see what mood Calum is in, that's if he's home. I'll speak to you tomorrow." I said whilst parking up.