Chapter Forty-Three

A few days had gone by and it felt like a whirl wind of rush, many factors were occurring that I lost track of the days

In the space of three days, Alexander and I managed to move my belongings, and sell my apartment. Rebecca was bombarding me with copious emails, asking whether I had made my mind about giving evidence at Charles' trial. On top of that I barely saw or spoke to Sarah. Ever since coming back from Australia, it felt like Sarah had been distant from me.

Often, I would find myself spacing out in meetings, my mind would wonder about various aspects. As my eyes focused far into the distance, it felt like my body was levitating out of the room and into a space of nothingness. It felt like I was in a space where all I could do was float around. No sound travelled to me; I wasn't able to hear the words coming out of the people around me. The only way I was able to be snapped back in the room, was from the touch of Alexander.

It was now Thursday, meaning that tomorrow was the day I had to give my final decision to Rebecca. Sitting alone in the office, my legs shook nervously, my feet twitched while my fingers tapped continuously on the desk.

A knock at the door brought me to a halt.

"Come in." I called out in an instant. Shaking my head, I livened myself up a bit before the door was opened.

Lily peered her head before entering the office.

"Hi Louisa, sorry to disturb." She said in her usual soft tone.

"It's okay, what's up?" I responded, shooting her a welcoming smile.

"Alexander left this for you." Lily said as she stretched her arm out giving me a folded piece of paper.

I took it from her and before I could get the chance to say something, she quickly turned around and exited the office. I then came to the realisation that I had been so lost in thought; I didn't notice Alexander leaving.

Opening up the folded piece of paper, I noticed it was a written note from Alexander.

There's a dress at home with your name on. Go home try it on, meet me at the Italian Rooftop Restaurant. I'll be waiting for you.

Love A x

I chuckled to myself whilst reading the note. Often there would be uncertainty revolving around Alexander when it came to his love for me. It wasn't in a bad way; it was the fact that I didn't know what to expect next. It was like every day he would come up with new ways of making me happy.

A surge of love and happiness gushed through me, as my heart fluttered thinking about Alexander waiting for me. Without delaying another second, I hoped out of my office chair, picking up my handbag and making my way towards the exit.

I saw Lily typing away at her computer.

"Lily are you okay to sort things and lock the office." I asked before leaving.