Chapter Forty-Two

A new day had emerged and it was back to reality

A new day had emerged and it was back to reality. No more waking up to the sound of waves crashing against the rocks. No more waking up to the glistening hues of the sun, seeping through the balcony.

Instead, it was the sound of the depressed birds chirping away, mixed with the pitter and patter of rain hitting against the window. My brain had finally come to terms; that we were back in the lovely UK, where the weather was unpredictable.

Last night after Alexander dropped the bombshell of moving in. We both crashed out on the bed straightaway. Overall, we did twenty-nine hours' worth of travelling. Our plane travelled from Australia to Abu Dhabi, where we able to stop have a rest, before travelling again to London.

Although waking up in England didn't compare to walking up in Australia, my body was awakened feeling rejuvenated. We both needed a good night's sleep.

After getting ready, we both sat in the car which took us to the office. With my hand entwined with Alexander's, my eyes followed the moving trees and buildings that zoomed past. I pondered back to last night's conversation.

Was I right to agree moving in with him, even though we weren't technically boyfriend or girlfriend. Will he ask me?

The questions constantly consumed my every thought, to the point where I was not able to think about anything else. I was taken away from my thoughts when Alexander motioned for me to get out the car. Realising that we had arrived at the office, I followed closely behind getting out the car.

Hand in hand, we made our way to the top floor. When we both saw everyone on the top floor, we got a few comments welcoming us back and asking how our holiday was. There were a few darting glares shot our way. When Alexander and I came back from the first time we jetted off to Australia, I had few remarks calling me a gold digger. But I knew to rise above the hate, deep down I knew that I was far from a gold digger.

"It's good to be back," Alexander exclaimed as he stretched himself sitting down in his office chair.

I hummed agreeing with him, I sat myself beside him in my own chair. Since helping Alexander with his business and Lily being hired as the new assistant, we made the decision to share the office.

In terms of business, I gladly moved in with Alexander into his office. It was a no-brainer, anything connected with my career I was happy to make big decisions. When it came to home life, that's where I hesitated. The damn thoughts came creeping back in my mind. Before I could dwell on it for longer, a knock at the door captured our attention.

I called out for the person to come in. When the door opened, a bright and cheery Lily walked in.

"Good morning. I brought you guys coffee. Here is your caramel latte, Louisa. Here is your Americano, Alexander." Lily chirped as she handed our drinks.

"Lily, how many times do we have to tell you, you do not need to bring us coffee" I remarked, sheepishly taking a sip of the hot coffee. The sweetness of the caramel mixed with the sharpness of the coffee, made its way down my throat and into my stomach.