Chapter Fifty-Seven

I watch the scenery outside go by like a movie. The mixture of green, from the trees, rushes by. Alexander and I are on our way to Lucinda's office. After my stern rules, she decided to set a meeting with the four of us.

I somewhat felt glad that Alexander, Jason, Rose and I were going to this meeting, together. It felt like it was four against one.

After what Alexander told me, I had a sunken feeling in the pit of my stomach. It didn't feel right doing business with her, but we've come so far with our project, it's something that had to be finished. Even if it was her company providing designs for us.

With Lucinda's office situated on the outskirts of the city, which was about forty-five minutes away, I wasn't able to enjoy the view as the car drives.

On long drives, I relax in my seat, hand accompanied by Alexander's and I watch the world go by. Enjoying the beauty and aspects of the outside world.

But today, it was different. My posture was rigid. Even though Alexander was close to me, I couldn't find myself to relax.

After a gruelling forty-five-minute drive, we arrive. We meet Jason and Rose at the front of the building and we make our way to Lucinda's office.

Three painful hours, I had to sit and watch Lucinda run her mouth as she bats her eyelashes to Alexander. Every time she tried to get closed, I could feel the rage within me expand. It was only moments before I exploded.

Luckily before I could drag her away from my fiancé, the meeting had finished. We exit from the building and we wave goodbye to Jason and Rose.

Heading towards our car, I have a slight wariness that something is missing. I check my bag, only to realise I had left my phone in the office.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath.

Alexander stops and turns. "What's up?"

"My phone. I left it in the office. I'm just going to go get it." I shout out as I quickly head back.

Internally I was groaning at the fact that I had to go back. I scan the room and my phone was nowhere to be seen.

"Looking for this?" Lucinda questions from behind me.

I follow her voice to see her waving my phone. I grit my teeth and make my way over; I get close and snatch the phone away from her.

She lets a condescending chuckle under her breath. As I was about to charge out the room, like a raged bull, there was something within me that I had to get off my chest.

"I know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work." I plainly said, gunning her down with my eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lucinda innocently replies, shrugging her shoulders.

"Batting your eyelashes, making conversation and getting close to Alexander. I don't know who you think you are, but you need to stay in your own lane." I boldly reply, I stand face to face with Lucinda. Straightening my posture showing some kind of authority.

She stands in front of me, like she has no care in the world. She lets out a slight chuckle.

"Are you scared?" She's asks in a condescending tone.

I raise my brows, jerking my head to the side, confused by her reply.

"I suppose you can never forget your first love. There will always be that special connection with the person who you said I love you, kissed and had sex with for the first time." Lucinda bitterly says.

I clench my jaws, careful not to lose my anger with her. "If you're talking about Alexander, don't hold your breath. He stopped loving you a long time ago."