Chapter Sixty-Two

Louisa's POV

Darkness surrounded me. All my senses felt like they were awoken from a slumber. Pain pounded on my brain like a heavy rock. I had no energy to lift my head.

My body felt heavy, as if it was drugged. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. The last thing my brain can capture; was being in car, with an unknown man, and I knife was held towards me.

It slowly comes back to me; images dipping in and out of my brain. A cloth was put over my mouth and I lost all senses and was consumed by darkness.

It took all my strength to push my eyes open. When my vision slowly came back, I could feel a sting imbedded on my wrists. I move my eyes to my hands, and I note that I'm tied up.

I focus on my left hand, something seemed different, my mind couldn't comprehend what felt different. After a few seconds of deliberation, it drops to me that my engagement ring is missing.

My heart drops, it felt like my heart was sinking at the sight of my bare finger. My love, my symbol, my connection to Alexander was gone. Automatically, my head averts to my neck, where I notice the absence of my necklace.

Tears brimmed into my eyes, as a grave fear and sadness washed over me. I try to struggle out of this predicament, but the rope was engraved into my skin and each tiny movement caused me pain.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to wake up." A familiar voice captures my attention.

Pushing up my heavy head, I turn to where the voice echoed from. In the far corner, of the dimmed, dusty room was a face I never thought I'd see again.

There peering at me, was Viv. She slowly makes her way to me, with her arms crossed and a bitter look concealing her face.

"Viv?" I finally let out in a hushed voice. A cough ruptured from my mouth, the dryness was harsh in my throat, causing it to feel sore and itchy.

Viv offers some water; I back my head. There was no ounce of trust in me to accept anything from her. She shrugs and throws the bottle of water to the other side of the room.

"I bet you have so many questions." She asks in an ominous tone, whilst also sitting apposite me. I nod my head anticipation waiting for an answer.

"Well, let me give you the run down, we don't have a lot of time." She looks down at her watch and then proceeds to turn her head to me. "You see Louisa. The day you sent my husband to prison, that day I decided I was going rain hell on your life and get my revenge. I thought for a very long time, what can hurt the wonderful Miss Louisa Watts. And that's when it came to me, love. Your biggest weakness is love. After that the ideas came flooding to me. I contacted Lucinda and asked her how she would love to get back with her beloved Alexander, she jumped at the opportunity. And the rest is history."

I stare at Viv, who plastered a smile on, having no care in the world. A heavy dull feeling of sadness washed over me, like a tidal wave. Everything that led to me being here, was all calculated by Viv. She roped Lucinda to drive a wedge between us, she wanted Lucinda to rip Alexander away from me, and my fear and trust issues fed into Lucinda achieving her goal.

"So, what's your plan? Are you going to kill me?" I hiss back.

Viv let's out a slight chuckle. "Don't be silly, of course not. I'm just going to keep you away from Alexander. Lucinda will do her job in getting Alexander to fall back in love with her, and then you'll be a distant memory."

Her words stabbed into me, attacking me and causing sadness to consume me. Deep down I know Alexander will never forget about me. I know our connection is strong, and I feel that he will be looking for me.