Chapter Fifty-Eight

From the moment we left Lucinda's office, to the moment we arrived home, I kept replaying the words from Lucinda. They kept swirling around in my mind like a vicious plague.

There were times where Alexander would talk to me, but I would be so far in my own thoughts, I didn't comprehend what he was saying to me.

"What's wrong?" Alexander asks as we enter our house.

I force a smile. "Nothing."

Alexander let's a long and slow sigh. My back is towards him, but I feel his presence close behind me.

His touch lands onto my shoulders, he elegantly turns me around to face him. His tender eyes, look closely onto my face, he knew something was wrong.

"Louisa. Tell me, somethings up, you took your time getting your phone and when you came back down, you looked disturbed. Now tell me what's wrong." Alexander's concerned tone makes me feel like I need to tell him everything, but something in me is scared to do so.

I move my head to the side, taking my eyes off from him. He then moves his hands onto my cheeks, cupping them, moving my head back, to meet his eyes. He raises his brows, I let out a sigh, knowing that I have to tell him.

"Did you tell me the truth?" Is all I let out. I was kicking myself for asking that, but it was like my mouth took over without consulting my brain.

Alexander shakes his head, letting out a confused grunt. He waited for me to explain further.

"Do you want to have kids with me?" I ask. I realise I wasn't making any sense right now, but I was so fazed by everything, there was no order in my head.

"What is all this? You're not making any sense right now. Of course, I want to start a family with you, you know this, why would you ask that?" Alexander replied in a whisper. I could feel his tension, he was starting to feel worried for me. I didn't want him to feel like this, I couldn't help myself for making him feel like this.

"Lucinda told me you never wanted kids, you made her feel isolated and that you cheated on her." I winced at my words as they left my mouth.

Alexander's hands instantly dropped, away from my face. He stares like a lost soul; he takes a few steps back.

"Are you seriously believing her over me?" He stammered. "How can you even think that I would ever cheat? You see this is what she wants, she's putting words into your head and she's trying to drive a wedge between us."

"Can you blame me? I was cheated on, my whole world was flipped upside down, so I'm sorry for being scared that it'll happen again!" I exclaim as my whole body starts to shake in pure sadness. My eyes gleam with tears, they start to fall down my cheeks.

"So was I!" Alexander snaps back. He places his fingers on the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes.

Suddenly it felt like my heart had been twisted. This was the first time; Alexander and I have had a slight clash. I've never seen him express anger, but right now he was quivering with it. I didn't know if he was angry with me or Lucinda.

I take a few steps closer to him, but he turns away walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask in between my sobs.

"Out! I need some air." He shouts back, without even looking at me.

I look at the time, realising that we had to go to the office.

"We need to go-"

"I'll meet you there." He hollows out, interrupting me, without another thought he's out the door.