Chapter Seventeen

I followed Alexander into his astonishing house

I followed Alexander into his astonishing house. The contrast between the darkness outside and the brightness inside, blinded me for a second. My eyes steadily adjusted to the light, I saw how beautiful the floors, the walls and the furniture looked under the lights.

The spotlights from above beamed down, onto the marble floor, creating a smooth shine to it. Everything from the floor to the coffee table, glistened. I never thought Alexander lived in such a lavish house. He had an eye for detail.

"Good evening Mr Pierce." I heard a familiar voice.

I turned around, it was the maid from the morning. Wearing the same outfit, hair still in a tight bun.

"Miss- Oh sorry I mean Louisa." She beamed at me. "Welcome back."

"Um, thank you?" I said awkwardly. She seemed a little too excited to see me.

"Evening." Alexander responded with a friendly smile. "Louisa, I believe you've already met Maggie."

So, she has a name. Oddly enough, the name Maggie suited her. Brown almond-shaped eyes, that almost looked like puppy dog eyes. A small petite nose, with thin lips that disappeared when she smiled. Maggie looked sweet and innocent; she showed a lot of respect for Alexander. Greeting Alexander with happiness and also acknowledging me.

"Would you like me to show you to your room?" Maggie asked.

"It's okay, I'll show her." Alexander answered for me.

Alexander lead the way, walking up the stairs. We proceeded to turn left, at the top. The way to the room felt oddly familiar, I then remembered it was the same room where I woke up in the morning. When we got to the room, Alexander opened the door and entered, I followed behind him.

I almost didn't recognise the room. It looked different to what I saw in the morning. The bed was in the same position, but towards the left side on the wall, was a mirrored double wardrobe. On the right side, against the wall was a white chest of drawers. Sitting on top of the chest of drawers was a crystal vase, with an assortment of flowers. The purple bed sheets added colour to the room.

"This was a spare room, I never really bothered to put a lot of furniture. I thought I'd add a wardrobe and drawers, for you." Alexander said turning around to face me.

"You honestly didn't need to; I would have been happy with just a bed. Thank you so much." I chimed, feeling ever so grateful.

"You hungry?" Alexander asked quickly changing the subject.

"Um, not really. I'm still a bit full from that pasta." I said rubbing my stomach, thinking about the delicious food we had earlier.

"Let's go out for ice cream then." Alexander suggested, as a childish grin appeared on his face.

"Ice cream?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Yeah, you know the frozen stuff you eat?" Alexander cheekily responded.