Chapter Forty-Eight

I wasn't expecting to stay at Rebecca's office for long, turned out, it took most of the day

I wasn't expecting to stay at Rebecca's office for long, turned out, it took most of the day. When I had finished, home was the only destination for me. It was like there was an energy of force; dragging me from left to right, I couldn't pull myself to go back to the office. I just wanted to feel safe and be in the comfort of my own home.

I had to go through every tiny detail. Going through everything I had experienced with Charles. It felt like I had to dig far in depth to recall everything. It was like my brain had buried the unwanted memories. I had the unfortunate job of retrieving it all.

Upon arriving home, I went straight to the bedroom. Closing the door, I closed my eyes and leaned back on the door. The feeling of finally being at home, felt like an invisible shield surrounding me. Now all I was waiting for was Alexander to come home.

Sending him a quick message, I made my way to the bathroom. I got undressed and turned on the shower, to get rid of the clouded feelings.

The hot steaming water, fell onto my skin. At first the sharp scratch of hotness attacked my skin, but soon after the heat enabled me to relax. The strawberry scented shampoo massaged into my hair drained the worries from me. I lathered on the shower gel around my body. Kneading it in to my body, which created a soapy foam.

After cleansing myself, I hopped out of the shower and got changed into a black oversized hoodie and leggings. As I dried my hair with a towel, the mirror in front of me showed the door opening. My lips curled into a elongated smile as Alexander appeared.

Without delaying he strode over to me, wrapping his arms around me, his body flushed against my back. He sent an impulse of electricity down me as he placed kisses on my neck.

"How was it?" He asked with his voice laced in a concerned tone.

"It was okay." I sighed, "I didn't expect Rebecca to go through every single detail, but she said the more detailed my argument is, the better we have at wining this case."

Alexander moved his hands up to my shoulders, he enabled me to turn around so that I was facing him. Warmth radiated from his eyes, as his brown swirls captured me. Softly cupping my face with his hands, he kissed my forehead.

"How often do you need to go to Rebecca?" Alexander asked, pulling me into a comforting hug.

"She said the more I go to her the better, we agreed three times in a week. So, I'll be going every Monday, Wednesday and Friday." I replied as my head relaxed into Alexander's chest.

"Don't stress about it too much. I'm here with you every step of the way." Alexander reassured me with his melodious voice.

"I know you are. I love you." I replied, lifting my head up from his chest and planting a soft peck on Alexander's lips.

"I love you too baby." Alexander comforted.

Alexander then pulled himself away from me and made his way to the bathroom. I heard the shower turned on and I kicked myself internally. How I wished I had waited for Alexander. My stomach does a giddy flip at the thought of having a shower with him. We hade been together for nearly ten months and I still felt giddy around him.