Chapter Nineteen

The brown, wooden, electric gate opened up

The brown, wooden, electric gate opened up. The car made its way down the drive. Charles was already standing at the door, waiting for us.

He was wearing a white shirt, with a dark grey waistcoat on top. His trousers were matching his waistcoat. His hands deep in his pocket, eagerly waiting for us. A cigar was in his mouth, puffing out the smoke. His hair was pushed back, with the gel clearly visible, that kept it in place.

"Alexander, my man!" Charles exclaimed, shaking his hand and then pulling him into a hug.

After they got out their hug, Charles turned to me. He made me feel queasy, with his beady eyes darting all over me. I extended my hand out to shake his, he ignored it and wrapped his grubby hands around my waist hugging me. The smell of the cigar and the thick musky cologne suffocated me, I let out a cough trying to breath. I awkwardly pat his back. He finally let go of me.

"Louisa, so lovely to see you again." He said with the cigar still in his mouth.

Inside my head I felt the sudden urge to vomit all over him.

"Nice to see you as well." I lied, forcing myself to smile at him.

"Right." Charles beamed, clapping his hands. "The table is ready, I thought we could have breakfast on the patio in the garden."

Alexander and I followed him, we entered his house. I remember it slightly from the other night. The main hall was looking much larger than before, with no excessive amount of people milling around. We walked straight ahead, entering a room which looked like the main reception. Brown carpets, with beige coloured walls. Black leather sofas, situated in front of the large tv on the wall, towards the left. The bay windows were dressed in beige curtains. I could see the garden from the window, it was similar to Alexander's, it was just missing a pool.

We walked through another door, towards the right. We entered the kitchen. It had a very rustic feel to it. Light brown tiles on the floor. Cream coloured cabinets, with wooden detailing on the edge. The worktops were light brown granite laminate.

Walking through yet another door, we now found ourselves in the garden.

A table that sat four people, had an assortment of food and drinks. Alexander pulled out the garden chair for me, I gave him the biggest grin. Charles sat himself opposite me, I clenched my jaws at the sight of him ogling his eyes, throughout the whole breakfast.

"Please, let's not waste any more time, tuck in and enjoy. Louisa would you like tea or coffee?" Charles asked staring at my face.

"Um, coffee please, no milk, one sugar." I briefly responded trying not to look at him.

Charles handed me the coffee, as I took it from him, he purposely touched my hand. I jerked my hand in disgust, spilling some coffee.

"Shit!" I shouted. "I am so sorry."