Chapter Sixty

A few days had passed since receiving them pictures. I concealed them from Alexander, this led me to be in two minds; whether I should tell him or not.

There were times when I felt like I didn't need to tell him. The way he embraced me each day, telling me every second how much he loves me. That's when I disregarded the pictures in my head, that's the Alexander I trust and love the most.

There were also times where he would be gone for a while, and my doubt controlled me to believe he was with Lucinda. I kicked myself for even thinking it, but the tiny voice in the back of my head constantly taunted me.

The subtle sound of wind and birds chirping, dances its way through the ajar window. Stretching out all the tiredness, I extend my arm to the other side of the bed, my eyes shoot open to see Alexander gone.

Confusion trickled in my brain; we normally wake up together. I peer over to the clock above the door, and I bolted off the bed when the time showed it had just gone past ten.

Did I oversleep? Why didn't Alexander wake me. When my hands fly over to the nightstand to get my phone, a note was displayed on top of it.

I've noticed that you've been looking stressed and tired lately, have a lie in, take all the time and when you're ready come to the office.

Love A x

I clutch the note close to me, my heart swells with love. I truly am stupid. This man adores me with all his heart, and there's me thinking whether he's with Lucinda. There has got to be an explanation for those photos, I'll bite the bullet and ask him.

***

Just before going to the office, I made a quick pit stop at Jo's cafe, the sudden craving for a caramel latte swirled in my stomach.

I warily make my way outside; a new staff member gave my coffee and it was slightly overfilled. The coffee was seeping through the lid.

With my eyes fixated onto my drink, I carefully open the door to leave, but then I suddenly bump into someone as I turn.

The cup jolts in my hand, slightly spilling it. I groan in frustration and mutter, cursing the person I bumped into, when I look up to see the idiot, a gasp leaves my mouth, its Calum.

"Shit! Louisa I'm sorry, I was in a hurry and I didn't see you." He apologises handing me a tissue to wipe the pouring coffee.

"It's okay." I laugh. "How are you?"

"Good! How are you? Sarah tells me you and the girls are slowly getting on with the wedding preparations." Calum ask sending me a friendly smile. I smile back knowing that everything between us is now civil.

"I'm good thanks. Well, trying to. There's always something distracting us in the office. Is everything good with Sarah?" I ask, I needed to know because Sarah vowed, she would never burden me with the details of their relationship, but I reassured her constantly.

"Well, I'm taking her away today, a little break from the city. I came to get coffee for our little road trip. I... um... I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend." Calum slightly hesitated on the last sentence.

A surprised gasp leaves my mouth. Unexpectedly, I was ecstatic, I was buzzing for Sarah.

"That's amazing!" I exclaimed. "I'm really happy for you guys, I truly am."