Chapter Sixty-Three

The next twenty-four hours was the most gut-wrenching thing I have ever experienced. The overwhelming rush to the hospital, happened too quick, I couldn't capture the true events in my head.

It's like everything around me had stopped. Nothing else mattered. I didn't care if the world around me was burning, all I could focus on was Alexander.

The last time I was in hospital, I was the one waking up to a world of pain. Now it was Alexander, whose life was hanging by a thread.

As we got to the hospital, Alexander was rushed straight into surgery. The wait felt like an eternity. An eternity of doom and gloom.

I sit in the waiting room, with a stooped posture, constantly bouncing my leg up and down, and tapping my foot on the floor like a woodpecker. The heaviness that dropped my eyes, overwhelmed me with such sleeplessness.

As much as I wanted to close my eyes, and sleep all this away, I had to stay awake. My gaze filtered around the room, not being able to settle on one object.

Four gruelling hours of waiting, the doctor finally comes up to me. I sigh all my worries out, as the doctor tells me the surgery went well. Luckily it wasn't a deep stab wound, he was stable. Now it was the anticipation of waiting for Alexander to wake up.

We were now in the hospital room. The road to recovery for Alexander was well on the way. I take in his peaceful face, as he's deep in his slumber. Right now, he can't feel the pain, but when he wakes up, all the pain will flood into him like a wave.

"Miss Watts?" A soft toned voice, captures my attention. I turn to see it's the nurse.

"I've just come to change the bandage." She says, tugging the medical cart to the other side of the bed.

No words leave, all I could do was nod. I place a soft kiss on the back of Alexander's hand, and head towards the door.

"You don't have to leave." The nurse quickly mentions.

"It's okay, I need to get out of this room." I sighed. I walk into the hall way, and slump my back on to the wall.

I close my eyes, and go over the various events that happened. The past caught up with the both of us. Both Alexander and I, had cobwebs that needed dusting. Our relationship went from strength to strength, we didn't need to address anything in our past, but it came at us, raging into us.

Our emotions got to the best of us, and clouded our love for each other. I wince at the words I spat at Alexander before walking away from him. Saying the word hate to him, spewed inside me.

"Louisa!" A familiar voice grasps me away from my thoughts.

It's Rose, Jason, Sarah, Calum and Lily, walking towards me, all with a concerned look to their face. The girls speed up and grab me within their reach. I relax in to their hug.

"Are you okay? How's Alexander?" Sarah asks, as we get out of our group hug.

"I'm fine." I sigh. "Alexander is stable, he hasn't woken up yet."

I look past the girls, seeing Jason and Calum deep in conversation. They both notice me looking and shoot me a reassuring look. They walk over to join us.

"When Jason told us what happened, we got here as soon as we could." Sarah says, waving between her and Calum.

At first, I don't acknowledge what she meant, but then I remember seeing Calum at Jo's cafe, and him mentioning taking Sarah away and asking her to be his girlfriend. I gasp at the realisation.

"Sarah! You shouldn't have come. This was your time away-"

"No! Are you kidding me? This is such a difficult time for you, I need to be here for you." Sarah interjects, comforting me with a hug.