Chapter Sixteen

After our lunch, Alexander had the driver drop me off, back to the office

Whilst we were at the Italian Roof-top Restaurant, Alexander was keen to learn about me. He was intrigued to getting to know me, I reciprocated the feeling. As I asked him endless questions, I watched his every movement as he answered.

Everything he did, he did so effortless. The way he gripped the wine glass, the way his soft lips pressed against the glass. The way he held his fork, twirling the spaghetti around, placing it in his mouth. Watching him do anything and everything, was having some kind of effect on me and I couldn't explain it.

My day dreaming was cut short as a knock on my door, hauled me back to present time.

"Come in." I shouted.

The door opened with Viv peering her head in first and then entering the room.

"Viv, How are you?" I greeted brightly at her.

"I'm good, how are you? I just came by to check up on you. Are you finding everything okay?" She asked, setting herself down on the other side of the desk.

"I'm good thanks. I'm getting there. Working away." I said with a nervous laugh. Purposely hiding out my drunken blunder, something Viv didn't need to know about.

"Aw that's good, you'll get there." Viv replied with a cheerful smile. "I thought I would let you know, I'll be leaving in about two weeks."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "You're leaving so soon? I bet you're sad to go."

"Safe to say that I will be very sad." Viv pouted her lips jokingly.

"So, what are your plans?" I questioned.

"Well, somewhere nice and hot first, then I have a few things lined up when I get back, nothing is set in stone yet. I'll have to sort everything out when I'm back from my holiday." Viv said whilst getting out of her seat and making her way to Alexander's door.

I looked at her in a confused way, I tilted my head slightly whilst frowning.

"Alexander's not in." I quickly said, getting out of my own seat. She had her hand on the door handle. I was surprised as she didn't think to even knock.

"That's okay, I'll just wait for him to come back." Viv sternly replied. She began to open the door.

"Um!" I abruptly let out, trying to stop her from entering the office. "I think it's best if you wait outside, I don't think it's appropriate for you to wait inside Alexander's office."

At this point Viv turned back around, closing the door, she stared right into me with her arms crossed. There suddenly was some kind of tension in the air, we were looking at each other awkwardly.

"I was Alexander's most trusted assistant before you, so I think I have earned the right to wait in his office unattended-"

"Was." I replied rapidly. "You was. As his assistant now, I think it's best if you wait elsewhere." I gave her a smug smile, straightening my posture so that I was standing tall and proud.