Chapter Thirty-Nine

*Six Months Later*

*Six Months Later*

Sitting in the dimly lit room, brought back the memories. The grey walls, the carpeted floor, was all familiar. Back then, when I came to this room, I was a timid person, worrying about whether I would earn the promotion I had applied to.

But today, I was already in the room, waiting for someone to walk through that door and impress the socks off me. I flicked through the vast papers in front of me on the wooden table. One more candidate left. So far, I was unhappy with every single person that walked through that door. I didn't find that spark, that determination, that passion.

The ringing of my phone, snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned it over to check the caller, a smirk crept upon my lips.

"Yes, what's up?" I answered picking up the call.

"I miss you." Alexander sang down the phone.

I rolled my eyes at his silliness. "I was with you an hour ago."

"I know. But I want you here, I'm feeling lonely." Alexander let a small chuckle.

I turned my head upwards to the camera in the corner of the room. I stuck my tongue out, knowing Alexander was watching.

"Only one more interview and then I'm all yours," I soothingly replied.

Alexander let out a hysterical groan, as if he itching to get his hands on me.

"I'm surprised you're still itching to get your hands on me. I was all yours for two months. I'm sure you remember Australia." I blushed at the mention of our spontaneous trip, many happy memories flew back into my mind.

"I'll never get tired of you. The more I spend time with you the more I want you," Alexander replied in a low tone, making him sound sexy as ever.

"Stop it. One more interview and that's it. This is what you get for making me a partner in the business. We need to get on top of things, so an assistant is highly needed. I'll see you in a bit." Without letting Alexander respond, I quickly ended the call. Inching my head back to the camera, I blew it a kiss.

Just in time, a knock on the door averted my attention. I corrected my posture and cleared my throat.

"Come in," I called out.

In came the last person of the endless interview I had to endure. In the last couple of days, I interviewed nine people, and not one of them showed any potential to be the personal assistant of Alexander and I.