(6) Lost Friend

Yooooo I turned 18 today I feel so old xD

This chapter is a little bit shorter than usual because I have a lot of school stuff going on but I definitely plan on posting more frequently soon!
And thank you all so much for more than 140 reads and all the votes! So many people reading my story means so so much <3
Anyways enjoy the chapter :)

The sun was starting to set and put the entire village into a golden light.
Far away some birds were singing in the trees that haven't been burnt down in the civil war. Near the house the remains of a tank were sticking out of the ground.

Clay was sitting on the bench in front of his family's hut. The bench was really old and really rusty, it had been made in the times before the war. It was not exactly comfortable but Clay still liked it.

It's as rusty as this whole village. As rusty as the Vilis community. As rusty as my own heart.

He snickered a bit about his comparison.

"Why so melancholic, brother dear?"
Clay looked up to see his younger sister stepping out of the doorway and joining him on the bench.

"Hey Chris." Clay smiled.

For some time neither of them said anything. They just sat in silence next to each other on the rusty bench, two siblings watching the sunset.

Clay was thinking about what had happened that day, about Nick's and his trip to the capital city of the Empire where they had been attacked by furious Pretiosi in whose eyes they were nothing but terrorists.

The man who saved Clay from being drowned by a scary, dark-blue eyed man, Henry, had told him that there had been an attack by the Black Rebellion, a Vilis organisation whose members were fighting against the reign of the Pretiosi and the oppresion of the Vilis.

Apparently there had been a bomb attack at the entrance to the giant diamond castle where the royal family lived in. Nobody knew how the terrorists got this far.

The Pretiosi have always been proud of their high security standards since there were some extremely talented guards with a lot of power to keep unwanted guests out of the castle.

But this time their security did not seem to work at all and of course a lot of Pretiosi were unsettled by the thought that unrecognized Vilis terrorists could be among them.

So when the rumours about the attack spreaded, some Pretiosi freaked out and started to attack random Vilis people, just as the man with the dark blue eyes who tried to drown Clay.

At the same time some Pretiosi went into Nick's drawing shop and let their whole anger out.

Clay shivered at the imagination of Nick standing there helpless, while strangers tore down the house with their superhuman strength.

That was all Henry had told him while they were standing in Nick's destroyed shop, watching the healer called Majina taking care of the boy's injuries.

Shortly after that, Henry had taken Clay out of the city, past the guards with their orange eyes, looking at the two of them furiously.

But nobody ever seemed to dare coming near Henry.

He had this unexplainable charisma of authority. He gave everyone around him a feeling of infallibility, which made Clay trust him without even noticing.

Henry was the strangest yet most interesting person Clay had ever met.

He did not know anything about Henry, other than he most probably was a Pretiosi. He didn't even see his eye color; Henry had never taken his white framed sunglasses down. He could have white or yellow eyes, orange or dark blue ones, Clay would not be able to tell the powers of the different eye colors apart anyways.