(11) The Queen's Competition

HI! New chapter for you guys!
We're getting started with a bit more George action (he will be more present from now on, I swear)
I just wanted to mention again that "Floris" is the name of the Pretiosi family with lime green eyes, not Fundy :)
As always: votes and feeback of any kind are appreciated.
And again, all new characters appearing in this chapter are not related to any content creator.
I hope you have a good day/night :)
Enjoy!

The days went by without Clay really recognizing it.

The Aquantura family group he served was relatively nice, compared to the others. He, Ben and Loris spent a lot of time together when the oldest daughter of the family group, Laricia, practiced for being chosen as the candidate for the whole Aquantura family across the Empire.

They watched her standing in the middle of one of the training areas, her arms stretched forward while around her masses of water floated in the air, waves curling into each other while the outlines were standing still.

Clay had given up the hope to find Henry and tried to accept that he would never find his life saver in this giant Empire.

What he could not get rid of were the dreams he had nearly every night.

In almost all of them Henry and Prince George played the main role, transforming into each other and chasing him until he woke up covered in sweat.

For sure the dreams scared him but during the day he had so much to do that he could not think about it.

He also dreamed more often about Nick, how his best friend was pulled away from him by dozens of orange eyed soldiers while he himself could not move at all.

As nice as Ben and Loris were and as much his ROS Darryl cared about him and made sure he was feeling comfortable in the servant's section, nothing and nobody could make up for his best friend who could draw like a god and talk about pandas the whole day.

Every memory of Nick hurt more and he could barely stand knowing that his best friend was a part of the Vilis army, maybe already on his way to the war front.

The day before the Queen's Competition he was exhausted and tired from the dream he had a few hours ago about Nick laying on the floor in an army uniform and not moving.

He must have looked so tired that the Aquantura couple he served gave him a break with a pitiful look and told him to sleep a bit.

But instead of going to the servant's dormitory, he headed straight to the office of the ROS of section G.

He was glad to see Darryl sitting in front of his large desk, looking through folders.

Darryl looked up and smiled.
"Hey, Clay! Got a break from your family?"

Clay nodded. He opened his mouth to say something but he did not know where to start- thoughts and memories of Nick were racing through his mind, making him unable to think clearly.

Darryl looked at him curiously.
"Don't you want to sit down? And tell me what you need?"
He pointed to the chair on the other side of the desk.

Clay dropped into the chair with drooping shoulders, kind of looking up to Darryl like an insecure child would do.

"Uhm- i want…- i wanted to- well, you know that servants at the castle don't have to join the army? And my younger sister doesn't have to either because of that?"

Darryl nodded. "Of course."

"Well…- I was wondering-"
He bit his lip. Was this a good idea? Would it even do anything?