(12) Bolts of Lightning

Hello there!
This chapter is a bit shorter than usual but it's really important.
Also thank youuu again for 1K reads :D (it's 1,3K by now that's crazy)
As always, votes and feedback of any kind are appreciated.
Have a great day/ night :)
Enjoy!

The celebrations for the winner of the Queen's Competition continued late into the night.

The stadium had changed as if by magic, the balconies were gone and the floor was covered by a giant platform where people were dancing or standing around high tables, talking and laughing while drinking expensive looking beverages.

Fulga Fulmina was enjoying all of the congratulations and good wishes she got as the new princess of the Empire.

She did not hesitate to show her power at every opportunity, every now and then there could be wind and thunder heard in the distance while thin bolts of lightning seemed to dance in the air.

Clay was really tired from walking around all day but he tried to go on- not because he wanted to be a good servant, but because every time he walked through the celebrating people, carrying empty plates and glasses, he could walk closely past Prince George- closer than he had ever been to him.

Clay caught himself several times watching exactly what the Prince did, who he was talking to, what beverage he had in his glass, what facial expression he made.

Something about Prince George made him curious- it was not just the fact that the Prince, who he had never met before, felt oddly familiar to him.

No, there was something else he could not quite explain. Something inside of him made him seek the Prince's gaze and every time the red eyes hit him, a weird feeling rushed through his body.

Soon Laricia Aquantura was slowly walking towards the new princess- paying her respect and good wishes as she approached but with a reluctant expression.

Clay could not hear what exactly they both said but the tension between them grew with every second. It was almost like Clay could feel both of their energies pushing against each other, trying to figure out which one was stronger…

Suddenly a bolt of lightning hit the floor directly in front of Laricia's feet.

"You do NOT talk to me like this!" Fulga screeched.

"How DARE you, you little-!" Laricia yelled back, starting to pull water from all sides, before she was hit by another bolt of lightning and lit up brightly before she fell to the floor.

People were gasping, healers in their dark green coats were running towards the steaming body of Laricia.

Prince George hurried to Fulga's side.
"My dear Lady Fulmina, there is no need to attack our precious Pretiosi guests. Please maintain respectful."

But Fulga's face did not look respectful at all.

"She can't get over the fact that she lost! She can't accept that I won Prince George's heart! Jealousy does not look good on you, sweetie!"

"That is NOT the POINT as I just told you." Laricia fumed. She was getting up from the floor, the healers still around her, trying to help.

Fulga laughed.
"Nobody is questioning my power. I will be the future Queen and I was chosen because I am the most powerful young woman in the Empire!"

She raised her arm and a bolt of lightning rushed down but before it hit anyone's head it formed a big, round, net-like thing around her and Prince George.

"This is one of your servants, right, Laricia?" Fulga smiled with an innocent expression on her face.

She was looking at Clay.