(13) Discovered Secret

Hiiii new chapteeeer :D
This chapter is a bit shorter aswell (if you consider 2500 words as short) but also important.
I'm sorry for the short chapters but I have my final exams in a month so I'm stressing a bit about time and I prefer to update once a week with "short" chapters rather than every 2 weeks with slightly longer chapters. I'm trying my best though, thanks for your understanding :)
Also thanks a lot for all of the comments, I love reading your comments :3 feel free to leave any:3
As always, votes and feedback of any kind are appreciated.
Enjoy!

For Clay the days after the Queen's Competition had been like hell.

He could barely move with all the bandages and his wounds started to itch terribly as they slowly healed.

The nights were really short as he was lost in his own thoughts which kept him from falling asleep but in the mornings he woke up excited for the day, mostly because he was looking forward for Prince George's visits.

The Prince visited him at least once a day, usually asking how he was feeling and how the healing process of his wounds was going. Other than that they did not talk much which lead to a long, awkward silence.

But George still came back every day and his company made Clay very comfortable.

Majina Acrit-Viridis also visited at least once a day, but probably out of a different motivation.

She would only take care of his wounds, taking his bandages off, rubbing his skin with strange looking potions which bubbled in strong colors.

From what Clay remembered the family Acrit-Viridis were all healers, being able to brew magical potions with a lot of healing effects aswell as being able to heal smaller wounds with simply a touch.

Their eye color and thus also their clothing color was dark green which Clay could easily memorize as he saw Majina everyday.

Besides these two there was nobody else visiting so Clay spent most of the day alone in the small room he was given, nothing to do except for reading.

George had given him a very interesting book about the Pretiosi families and the history of them.

Clay tried to memorize all of the families, their eye color and their power as best as possible and the book really helped.

What he found most interesting was the history of each family. Some of the families were older than others and some were related to each other even though their eye colors were not similar at all.

The oldest families were Ignis with the power to control fire, Aquantura being able to control water, Floris controlling plants and Rupa having the power over rocks and other hard materials.

Out of these 4 families every other family either split off or resulted from a combination.

For a moment Clay had been eager to find out everything about a possible combination out of the red-eyed Ignis and the dark blue-eyed Auquantura since red and blue make purple.

Once again he thought it might be possible that his purple eyes made him a Pretiosi- but just as his best friend Nick had said a long time ago, there was no family with purple eyes.

Moreover the whole combination process did not seem to have a pattern concerning the eye colors:
Decades ago the red eyed Ignis family and the lime green-eyed Floris family managed to combine their powers and create the Fulmina family whose members had golden eyes.

So he had given up on his theory once again.

The Alba family whose eye color was white and who could control and talk to animals had split off from the Floris family without any combination. From what Clay was reading it had a lot to do with genes and mutation but he did not understand the slightest of it.