(24) Freedom

Hey I'm alive :D I'm sorryyy for the long breaks between the chapters, adulthood is kinda stressful lmao
But thank you for 21K reads I'm gonna scream!
(Nah I better don't, I'm writing this on the train and I have 5 hours ahead of me)
By the wayyy I graduated! Never do I have to sit in a classroom again! :D
Well-… instead I have to sit in university. Idk if that's better lol.
Sorry for this chaotic AN, I'm hyped for the chapter.
Thanks to everyone voting and commenting :)
Enjoy!

Clay lost his sense of time as the hours were passing by in the tiny room he was locked in.

His wounds were healing quite fast due to the healers that visited him every now and then, checking his bandages and giving him strange potions to drink.

Only when the little window under the ceiling showed a darker getting sky, he knew that night was coming.

Being lost in his thoughts as he drifted off into sleep and jolted awake just minutes later from noises that did not even exist, stressed him to the point where he just stayed up, staring into a corner of the room until his brain made him see creepy shadows.

He had stopped thinking about the royal family, his power and what they knew about it. Instead a voice in his head was screaming constantly to keep him from thinking too much and driving himself crazy.

Nobody cared to inform him about anything. He was sure the royal family spent more time to look into his DNA and doing research, but he was left in the dark. 

He had no idea if his power and his eyes were a mutation or something else. 

But did that even matter?

Whatever it was, he would have to live with it and he was sure nobody would let him out of this castle without having power over him.

George did not come to see him either and Clay could not help to feel sad about that. They did not even have to talk, he only wished for someone to just sit in the room with him so he was not completely alone.

After some more minutes or hours, he could not tell, a soft knock on the door made him turn his head.

His heart jumped when he saw George entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"Hi, Clay. Sorry for not seeing you earlier. Fulga found every possible excuse to keep me away and my mother does not approve of me leaving either."

Clay nodded and sat up straight against the wall. As he spoke he noticed his voice was quiet and rough, he did not speak to anyone for who knows how long.
"It's okay. You couldn't get me out of here anyways I guess."

George shook his head.
"Unfortunately I can't. But I wanted to see you again and now you can tell me a bit about your power. It's pretty cool you know? When did you find out you have it? Can you only block off Fulga's power? Do you have Pretiosi relatives?"

Clay laughed hoarsely to cut off the Prince.
"Wait, wait, I have no idea about anything. I didn't even know that I had this power and I have no idea how I did all of that. It's weird."

"Hm." George looked at him for some time.
"They're really confused by your DNA, you know. They've run so many tests but they just don't understand it. It's not a Pretiosi DNA but it's not a Vilis DNA either. They start to think you're an alien."

Clay chuckled.
"Maybe I am."

George raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Don't tell them that, they would be scared for their Empire and put you in a zoo."

With George time seemed to rush by quicker and after a long conversation Clay felt a bit more alive. 

His heart ached a little when George announced that he had to leave as it was getting dark again.